Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I've really enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write. I really admire your adventurous spirit. We've wanted to visit some of the places you mentioned on our own, but have no idea how to get there. That's why we always go with our friend, Bully. I can just see us riding around, lost in the desert all day. Maybe someday we'll try it.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Fun report to read!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Thanks Hatteras,
    Getting lost is all part of the adventure and your never really that lost. First trip was a day by cruise ship and we rented an ATV, not to safe and hotter than hell. Next trip we did three days by jeep and four by car. The next two we did ten and eleven by the big jeep, we'd have it no other way now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I've really enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write. I really admire your adventurous spirit. We've wanted to visit some of the places you mentioned on our own, but have no idea how to get there. That's why we always go with our friend, Bully. I can just see us riding around, lost in the desert all day. Maybe someday we'll try it.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. They give some sense of freedom!

Got a question: would it be doable to access most of the spots at Arikok park you went to with a regular rental car? Or would it be necessary to actually have a jeep? Thanks.

Thank you CK1
    We love love love the Park, the only places that are not doable by car are Conchi and Boca Ketu, but there are places you can pull over and walk, so you get as close as you can then walk. A total stranger could also pull up and offer you a lift, it does happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. They give some sense of freedom!

Got a question: would it be doable to access most of the spots at Arikok park you went to with a regular rental car? Or would it be necessary to actually have a jeep? Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    awesome!!

i am going to copy these and post to the Aruba photo video category

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Thank you CK1
    We love love love the Park, the only places that are not doable by car are Conchi and Boca Ketu, but there are places you can pull over and walk, so you get as close as you can then walk. A total stranger could also pull up and offer you a lift, it does happen.
    Thanks, LeaveTheKidsWithMom.

Your adventurous trip was really inspiring! Arikok park would definitely be on my wish list.

No surprise that strangers could pull up to give someone a lift. Aruba seems to bring out the best in everyone.

Sorry, just saw your post. We pre-negotiated a price of $700 for eleven days plus the $3 per day tax, very happy with the price and the jeep itself. We also spent around $200 on gas, shes a guzzler. Full roll-bars and seat belts for five.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I had a vision of you tooling around in a "jeep", not The "Boss" and I was thinking you were semi crazy Now I know you know how to have a good time with a 4x4. Have fun and thanks for putting a smile on my face.

What does it cost to rent it? My son would LOVE it! He begs me to get one but I won't because I am to safety conscious with him.

Love your jeep adventures!. Thanks for the photos. Sounds like you had an awesome time. I too have a hard time sitting still, but I've gotten better at it over the years.

I wouldn't recommend anyone go some of the places in a car. In the mid 90s, during our "leavethekidswithmom" trips, we rented jeeps during our Aruba visits. On one trip, my sister and her husband were with us. My hubby and brother-in-law always seemed to get themselves in trouble when together. We had a jeep and they dared each other to take the jeep up and an over a steep rocky dune. We all had to get out and cross our fingers that my hubby made it over, but it's one of the funniest memories of Aruba.

You will have awesome memories!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Love your jeep adventures!. Thanks for the photos. Sounds like you had an awesome time. I too have a hard time sitting still, but I've gotten better at it over the years.

I wouldn't recommend anyone go some of the places in a car.

I agree. Some of the places we saw cars we were shaking our heads. Having the clearance of even a regular jeep is much more comforting when you are off road. There are a few places we wouldn't have tested in car that we had no hesitation in a jeep.

I can't even imagine what my husand would be doing in "the boss" Does More 4 Less have a "rule" about not driving to the Natural Pool, or are you free to go anywhere and still be compliant to your rental agreement?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast