Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    IMO, jeeps are quite safe but there are limits. Just last month a jeep of ABC Safari Tours flipped over while driving in Arikok Park when they drove over a larger rock. Here is the link and numerous pictures which give a good idea about the terrain they drove in:

http://www.awe24.com/20160421/24599/...i_Seroe_Arikok

One of our first trips to Aruba we rented a Jeep and decided to try to find the Natural Pool. Apparently we ended up on these steep horse trails...I never prayed so hard and thought I'd never see my children again! We were very lucky we didn't tip over!

Aruba since 1979
    so often i have recommended taking an organized jeep tour to the "natural pool"

leavethekidswithmom.........are experienced BOSS drivers and explorers.
    most of us are not.
    moneytalks.....i am glad that your prayers were answered that day.
    it is a scary adventure.

JEEP or ATV organized tour!
    Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    One of our first trips to Aruba we rented a Jeep and decided to try to find the Natural Pool. Apparently we ended up on these steep horse trails...I never prayed so hard and thought I'd never see my children again! We were very lucky we didn't tip over!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    CK, your scaring me Yes we pushed envelope and we are not sure how far you can push it. We slowed down to a crawl when it got harry, turned the stereo off and crawled through the very rough stuff and always were strapped in but if the tour operator that does it every day can flip it, that is not to encouraging. I hope everyone was OK, flipping the jeep could definitively ruin the vacation.

And yes to the Boss going to the pool, More4less expects you to run their jeeps there.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    CK, your scaring me Yes we pushed envelope and we are not sure how far you can push it. We slowed down to a crawl when it got harry, turned the stereo off and crawled through the very rough stuff and always were strapped in but if the tour operator that does it every day can flip it, that is not to encouraging. I hope everyone was OK, flipping the jeep could definitively ruin the vacation.

And yes to the Boss going to the pool, More4less expects you to run their jeeps there.
    Oh, that was not at all my intention, LeaveTheKidsWithMom! I would rather refer to you as one of the "professionals" and defintiely experienced.

I only posted the link to make people aware what can happen and not get a false sense of security with a jeep.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789