Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Live report 5/1-5/14

Yep, fricandel special and shoarmarol. The fries were great and very good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I bet it was frikadellen that you had they kind of look like a hot dog. We enjoy Cafe 080. The owners are super friendly!
    Great. Now I'm drooling at my desk as I crave fries with peanut sauce and onions. Oink!!

They also own Casibari Cafe which is a great restaurant off the beaten path. It has a big, open grill and the food and service are great.

http://casibaricafe.com/

We love Casibari Cafe. We made out third stop there last trip. I had the Lion Fish, filleted. It was melt in your mouth tender. I told the waiter that we came again for the live blues band. I say again, but the first time the band didn't show. So this trip the band is all set up and it starts to rain lightly...show cancelled. So we move under an overhang and in the process my 3/4 full drink tips over. The waiter spoke right up and say's he'll replace it. It was my fault so I expected to pay for it. A little later the check came and not only did they replace the drink for free but also didn't charge for the lion fish entree, because of the rain. Talk about service! We took care of the waiter and we'll definitely make amother attempt to see the band or for any other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Great. Now I'm drooling at my desk as I crave fries with peanut sauce and onions. Oink!!

They also own Casibari Cafe which is a great restaurant off the beaten path. It has a big, open grill and the food and service are great.

http://casibaricafe.com/
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We finally did it! Climbed the Hooiberg. 642 very steep steps. It was challenging going up and scary coming down. Hubs did not like it at all. I'm afraid he's not going to move for the rest of the week now. Was happy to discover that Bright Bakery was right next to the entry to the trail. OMG we made absolute pigs of ourselves. First savory items - ham & cheese pastechi so delish! Then sweets. Lots of them. Lol. Brought home some loompia and more sweet samples. We couldn't resist the smell of the loompia and dove into it once we got back to the room. We will definitely be back here before we depart the island.

Made it back to the chickee just in time for a rain shower. Right now the sky looks like it will continue all day. But you all know how quickly that can change.

Walt and Pam invited us down to the Surf Club to enjoy the lazy river. Not sure hubs can walk that far today so we may take them up on that tomorrow and hopefully the weather will be better.

Here's some pics. Sorry I don't know why they r sideways :-/

Live report 5/1-5/14-image.jpgLive report 5/1-5/14-image.jpgLive report 5/1-5/14-image.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    no hand railings?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Great job, climbing the Hooliberg! 642 very steep steps! Dang!

How early in the morning did you start climbing up those steps to avoid the heat? And how long did this whole adventure last? Just to get a bit of an idea what to expect in case I try it as well. Thanks.

We had not planned on doing it today but I went down to the beach at 8 and it was very overcast plus I wanted to try bright bakery and I saw they were located right near the haystack so I convinced hubs to give it a try. We got there around 9. Got to top in just under 20 minutes. Hung around up too for about 10 mins and then took about 10 mins to descend. We were slow and careful as there were no hand railings for most of the steps. There was a section of 150-200 stairs that did have railings but most of it did not. I don't know how far up we would have made it if it had not been for the cloudy skies.

On our way down we talked to an older man who really seemed to be struggling. We asked if he was okay and warned him it was difficult. He said he had done it 2 years ago and wanted to keep going. I was highly concerned for him and kept turning to watch him until he was out of sight. I don't even want to think of the injuries one would sustain if they took a tumble off or down those stairs.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for the info! That was actually much faster than I thought it would be.

Agreed, there should be a railing all the way up those steep stairs. And some areas which provide shade in case someone is in distress and needs to rest.

Hope, this older gentleman is ok.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast