Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Live report 5/1-5/14

Well here it is our last full day. My last morning of early rising, listening to the waves lap the shore before the sun comes up and the beach comes to life. I haven't kept up on my report past few days, mainly because it's the same ol' same ol'. Let's see what highlights I can recall ....

Wednesday we had early lunch of Scott's brats and Italian beef before heading down to the Surf Club to hang out with WaltVB (and his wife Pam). We had a lot of fun enjoying their pool area. Have to say, for the pool lovers out there, this is the place to stay. Room was gorgeous also. We would definitely consider staying there in the future as long as it wasn't in high season. The 4 of us went to Local Store and ate our most healthy meal yet LOL. Wings are every bit as good as we had heard and fried pickles and smothered fries were awesome. No I do not eat like this at home - I'm just very carefree when I'm here.

Spent all all day yesterday on the beach. Walt and Pam came down for a visit. We had grouper sandwiches from Azzuro for lunch and I introduced them to my new favorite drink called watermelon heaven. We floated and lounged for a couple hours and then decided to meet up at Chihuahuas for dinner later. The place was slow but fun. Good authentic Mexican food. Warning if you go here don't upgrade to the large margarita. It's huge and heavy and pricey! Came back to the Beach Bar and played a little music til calling it an early night as we were all comatose from the margaritas plus the free shots we had had at the restaurant.

Oh almost forgot - I know some of you, us included, booked the Tropicana when southwest had the great deal. We went down there earlier in the week to check it out. I now have no trepidation about staying there. They showed us 2 renovated rooms and they were really nice and clean. Pool areas also very nice. It's a trek to the beach if you are used to being beachfront, and you can't just cross the road to superfood. You would likely need to drive or take cab. Also I didn't see bathroom facilities anywhere near that section of beach. I know there are ones down near Passions. Does anyone know if there are other facilities, besides P in C?

And that brings me to today, the final countdown. Plan on being under my chickee or on my raft all day today, soaking up enough sun and sea to hold me over til September. As always it's been a great trip - great weather (didn't even mind the washout day because the locals were so happy for the rain it was fun to just rejoice with them), found some new local favorites, quality family time with our DS and DIL, caught up with old friends and made new ones, conquered the haystack. We did miss some of the restaurants on our list, but have no regrets. We will get to them next time.

Loved every bit of your trip. I love that early morning beach time and can put myself right there with you just reading your description.

We have stayed at both PL and the Surf Club and we like both, but you hit it right on the head, no Surf Club during busy times, the PL beach is much more relaxing.
    Enjoy your day today and safe travels tomorrow.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Enjoy your last day!

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for sharing your stay with us.
    loved it.

bathrooms on eagle beach in the lacabana/tropicana section?
    not that i have ever noticed.
    there are bathrooms poolside at the lacabana
    probably p in c hahahahahahahaha
    isn't that where the fish go?

thank you too for checking out the Tropicana.
    aside from the trek to the beach..there are no negatives!
    that price certainly was right!

so, safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your day today.
    and again, thank you.

No facilities in that area yet. I read somewhere that there is a plan in the works, but who knows when that will happen Enjoy your last full day!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The greatest thing about being in Aruba and hanging out with another forum member is that when they post their report, you don't have to because you were with them. We have had a great time hanging out with Kim and Darrin this past week. They are flying home tomorrow and we wish them a safe flight and can't wait to hear all about their adventures in September. We really wish we could be here with them again. We both agree that this has been one of our favorite weeks we have ever spent in Aruba and it's because of them. We said our goodbyes this afternoon on the beach, but we just want to say safe, easy travels friends! Can't wait to see and vacation with you again!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Safe travels home tomorrow.

Aruba since 1979
    this forum is much more than sharing aruba info

we are sharing experiences and making friends along the way

how awesome it was for the 4 of you

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Safe travels home tomorrow.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for sharing your trip report. Safe travels home!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Thanks for taking the time to write, and letting us share your vacation. It sounds like you've had a great trip. How nice that you met new friends (Walt and Mrs. Walt) to share it with. Have a safe trip home.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast