Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Live from Riu Antillas

Live from Riu Antillas

Well, I'm not sure what happened this morning, but I typed out the whole first day and it never posted.... So here is a brief update. Yesterday We were checked into a room that still had trash from previous occupants. We were told it would be fixed right away. Several hours after when we went to change for dinner it was all still there. Notified the front desk again..they were not happy that it was still dirty. We didn't know at the time the guy working was the manager. He apolgized and offered to move up to a room with a better view today. Our original room overlooked the other Riu that is under construction. While we were at dinner the trash was finally removed. This afternoon they moved us to a room with an awesome view. Service every where has been pretty good with a few lags here and there.

Aruba since 1979
    glad that is rectified.

enjoy your stay and thanks for sharing

have fun at driftwood tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeh2o View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what happened this morning, but I typed out the whole first day and it never posted.... So here is a brief update. Yesterday We were checked into a room that still had trash from previous occupants. We were told it would be fixed right away. Several hours after when we went to change for dinner it was all still there. Notified the front desk again..they were not happy that it was still dirty. We didn't know at the time the guy working was the manager. He apolgized and offered to move up to a room with a better view today. Our original room overlooked the other Riu that is under construction. While we were at dinner the trash was finally removed. This afternoon they moved us to a room with an awesome view. Service every where has been pretty good with a few lags here and there.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Sorry your trip had to start off with a bad experience but I'm happy to hear there was a silver lining to that dark cloud. Can't wait to read future updates. Enjoy your time in paradise!

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Glad you got an upgrade, that's always a good way to start off! If you are doing a longer post, try doing a word document, then cut and paste it in the forum. If it doesn't post right, you still have the original to try again with. I do that now and use it as a journal of the trip. We can go back and look at what we did in years past, so when that question comes up like "did we go to Barefoot that year?", we have the answer.

How are the food and drink choices at the resort? For dinners on the AI plan do you have to,make reservations? I have some friends interested in AI so i would love to hear your thoughts when you get home.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Driftwood was outstanding last night!!! I had the wahoo fish special with the garlic sauce. After dinner we went over to the hard rock and continued on to senor frogs. We walked back to the hotel and just about closed down the disco. Slept in this morning...lol

restaurants you do have to make reservations for except the Buffett. There are 14 in our group so the early birds go down and make reservations for the group. You can make the reservations three days in advance but Blossoms is not included in the all inclusive. Tonight we had dinner at the steakhouse. Most of us had the lobster and the others had steak. Tomorrow we have dinner at Krystal the French place and Tuesday the Italian restaurant. Planning on the flying fish bone for our anniversary and a birthday in our group. I've taken lots of pics that I will post when I get back...lots of the food items

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to give Blossoms a try.
    it is pretty terrific!!

thanks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeh2o View Post
    Driftwood was outstanding last night!!! I had the wahoo fish special with the garlic sauce. After dinner we went over to the hard rock and continued on to senor frogs. We walked back to the hotel and just about closed down the disco. Slept in this morning...lol

restaurants you do have to make reservations for except the Buffett. There are 14 in our group so the early birds go down and make reservations for the group. You can make the reservations three days in advance but Blossoms is not included in the all inclusive. Tonight we had dinner at the steakhouse. Most of us had the lobster and the others had steak. Tomorrow we have dinner at Krystal the French place and Tuesday the Italian restaurant. Planning on the flying fish bone for our anniversary and a birthday in our group. I've taken lots of pics that I will post when I get back...lots of the food items

I have mainly been drinking beer, mojitos or stoli vodka and sprite. Most of the group have been drinking the daily drink the bartenders are serving up. There are a select few "top shelf" bottles, but nothing like what we were expecting. (I have seen stoli vodka, one flavor of Skye vodka, tangueray, Bacardi, and Smirnoff and Johnny walker are in room...no other beer options but balashi)Food has been good, the prime rib at the buffet was probably the best beef I have had while traveling out of the US. I was hoping that there would have been like an outside grill to order food at while hanging at the beach but that's not anything they have here. You can get room service 24hrs, but it is a very limited menu. I'll try to remember to snap some pics of that. In the lounge they have chips, cheese dip, chili to add to nachos, a few sandwiches, hot dogs...that is open all day/night.

Oh... I had an Amstel bright last night at driftwood...that is pretty good. I have drank amstel light in the states, but wish they had bright at the resort. What is Chill? I saw they had that last night at senor frogs.

Chill is "Balashi light" usually served with a lime slice like Corona
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast