Aruba Beach

Thread: Made it here in the storm!

Made it here in the storm!

We were scheduled to leave JFK Thursday morning 8:10 in the bad storm that just hit the east coast. Our flight was only delayed by 1 hour. I'm so grateful we got out when we did. Bully was waiting for us with cold balashi's ready. He had kevin with him...what a great kid!!! Got to Surf Club about 2:30, room wasn't ready so we went to Moomba's for lunch. Came back an hour later, waited on check in line (again), only to be told it still wasn't ready. Did this about 3 more times and the room was finally ready about 5:30. very nice room, beautiful grounds. Weather not great the first day...at that point seeing the island as wet as it was, thought their slogan should be changed to "One Soggy Island" . But yesterday was nice, today is beautiful!! But no wind. I miss that! If you're coming down soon, bring bug spray!!! Yesterday on the beach there was a woman without a top on, standing up slathering sunscreen all over her chest, getting the attention of many if not all people on the beach. It was almost like she was putting on a show!!! Anyway, this went on for quite a while until security came over and told her she needed to put a top on. She told them she had been like this for 5 days, nobody said anything up til now, and she didn't have to put her top on if she didn't want to..."I'm from the US". What that had to do with anything I dont know!? anyway, security called police, but we left before they arrived.
    Had a WONDERFUL meal at wacky wahoo's last night. Probably the best grouper I've ever had!!!
    Well, it's time to put on my bathing suit bottom and go out to the beach!!
    I'll write more later!!!

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    send photos!!!!

Enjoy Shelly

Aruba since 1979
    i am sitting here at the airport laughing outloud...........you, with your bathing suit bottoms on ahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    We were scheduled to leave JFK Thursday morning 8:10 in the bad storm that just hit the east coast. Our flight was only delayed by 1 hour. I'm so grateful we got out when we did. Bully was waiting for us with cold balashi's ready. He had kevin with him...what a great kid!!! Got to Surf Club about 2:30, room wasn't ready so we went to Moomba's for lunch. Came back an hour later, waited on check in line (again), only to be told it still wasn't ready. Did this about 3 more times and the room was finally ready about 5:30. very nice room, beautiful grounds. Weather not great the first day...at that point seeing the island as wet as it was, thought their slogan should be changed to "One Soggy Island" . But yesterday was nice, today is beautiful!! But no wind. I miss that! If you're coming down soon, bring bug spray!!! Yesterday on the beach there was a woman without a top on, standing up slathering sunscreen all over her chest, getting the attention of many if not all people on the beach. It was almost like she was putting on a show!!! Anyway, this went on for quite a while until security came over and told her she needed to put a top on. She told them she had been like this for 5 days, nobody said anything up til now, and she didn't have to put her top on if she didn't want to..."I'm from the US". What that had to do with anything I dont know!? anyway, security called police, but we left before they arrived.
    Had a WONDERFUL meal at wacky wahoo's last night. Probably the best grouper I've ever had!!!
    Well, it's time to put on my bathing suit bottom and go out to the beach!!
    I'll write more later!!!

Gee, thanks Andrea....that's the same response I got from my husband!!!

She is from the US and she goes topless....go girl....

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach
    what happened to the days that any one who wanted to be toppless was and no one bothered them...than again this is on Eagle Beach....I have noticed that there is less and less since we started to go in 1989....

Shelly, I know EXACTLY what topless lady you are talking about. She was near us all week. I hope the weather has broken for you. We got drenched at breakfast yesterday.