Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: March 6-20 Tamarijn

Always good to hear that the food quality has improved. When we were at the Divi we thought the same. We'll have to give Paparazzi another try. I never loved it but ir's been a few years so time to revisit. Glad you had a good vacation. Very jealous of your planned Australia trip!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing your vacation at the tamarijn!
    so glad that your new hip made for easy access!

good to hear that the food has improved.
    some tamarijn guests had made complaints in their aruba stories in the past about the quality of the food.

thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    We're home now and I thought I'd provide a few general observations and comments. As is evident by my previous comments, our time on the island is very laid back and somewhat uneventful. This year I found that I was very content to just sit and enjoy the sights and sound of the ocean either from under the palapa or floating the ocean with our noodles.

I feel the need to comment on the quality of beef/fish served on the Tamarijn buffet. Both took a significant step up from prior years. At least 2 days the carving station had roast beef tenderloin that was 'succulent' and could be cut with a fork. One evening they had prime rib that was 'to die for'. Both were as good or better than our meal at Windows. I'm commenting because in prior years the carving station beef left something to be desired. Nice change for the better. Had both grouper and mahi mahi on the buffet and both were excellent. Most evening meals were at Ginger or Paparazzi. Ginger is by far our favorite and we had Tokyo Beef or Spicy Chicken many times. Nice when you've known the staff for many years and you're always seated at the same table. One of those little items that keep us returning. Although others raved about their meals, we never returned to Red Parrot. Perhaps next year. I think we're becoming creatures of habit.

It is amazing the number of guests that return year after year. Always a familiar friendly face to be found. Had 30+ just in 1100-1200 buildings and our guess is 80+ across the resort. If you need someone to have a cocktail with you won't need to look far.

As I previously mentioned, the staff was wonderful. Members of management stopped by several times to inquire how our stay was and if everything was to our satisfaction. Nice.

Would have liked the beach to be in better condition, however it did not hinder us from spending hours daily in the ocean.

Our departure was very smooth with 75 minutes from pick-up at Tamarijn to our gate. I suspect that's a record for us. Our flights to and from Aruba went well. We've become accustomed to first class and the perks. Our trip was capped off by exiting the airport in Green Bay Wisconsin to a warm spring shower. Those of you living in northern climates know the smell of a spring rain. Even though tired from traveling, that aroma gave us an adrenaline rush.

We now turn our sights to the Oct-Nov time period as we'll be spending a month in Australia/New Zeeland. Excited to say the least.

Thanks for the great report; and I too am jealous about the Australia trip! How awesome. We are planning to be as laid back as you; watching, listening, floating.

thanks for sharing your trip with us all, i always love to hear about the tam. its our 10th year in May and can't wait

here are some photos of the works going on at the divi.
    March 6-20 Tamarijn-divilobby-.jpgMarch 6-20 Tamarijn-divifase-.jpgMarch 6-20 Tamarijn-divipizza.jpg
    12th VISIT APRIL 2017 ******TRULEY IN LOVE WITH ARUBA!!!*****

I was wondering how the work was coming along at the Divi. We will be there in May as well. Looks like I won't count on the Coco (pizza) bar being redone by then.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Sounds like a wonderful trip. I am guessing the Divi AI will have the same upgraded results in beef/fish as you had at the Tam as usually it is the same menus. I love tenderloin and prime rib so will be excited if it is as good as yours was. I am happy you were able to take your beach walks as that is my favorite way to start my day as well. Thanks again for sharing your trip with all of us.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Definitely jealous of the Australia trip. We usually rent a home but have always been intrigued by the Tam I had no idea beach access was that close. I may have to look into the Tam in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

This was our 14th stay at Tamarijn thus we've witnessed numerous changes and considerable construction over the years. This stay I heard lots of gossip with regards to construction at Divi, however nothing from someone in management. Actually, I didn't ask. Speculation I heard, Pelican Pier moving, pizza bar moving, new mexican themed restaurant, 50 additional guest rooms. Only solids signs of construction I observed was the new Divi entrance facade and canopy and a walled off construction area between the pool and lobby. Reasonably speaking, I would be surprised if any new restaurant (pizza bar or mexican), were operational within 6 months. IMHO.

Burghboy, we stay in the 1200 building and beach access is literally within 75 feet of your patio. No need to haul anything to the beach. room to patio to beach and back. Happiness to us.

Forgot to mention that we did have a couple days of sea glass success. Maybe a dozen pieces of aqua, green and brown.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, but I have a question. Pelican Pier is moving??

Thanks so much for sharing your trip! Sounds like a wonderful relaxing time! Wow! Australia for a month! Super exciting!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast