Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Marcio and Cristina's honeymoon in Aruba - May 10th to 19th

  1. #1
    Senior Member MarcioCampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Posts
    119

    Marcio and Cristina's honeymoon in Aruba - May 10th to 19th

    Folks,

    just a short notice to say we are loving Aruba! So much to do that you'll understand that going online is not a priority

    Our bodies still ache a bit after two hours of windsurfing but nothing that a whole day in Arashi doing nothing can't heal. We also have already taken a sunset sail and visited downtown Oranjestad. Our snorkeling trip was rescheduled because of the bad weather on Saturday morning.

    We also have had wonderful dinners at Papiamento, Gianni's, Madame Janette and, last but not least, a torchlight dinner here at the Radisson -- which, by the way, is amazing!

    And the best of all -- we aren't only in the middle of our trip!

    More details later. Maybe only when we get back home...

    Cheers

    Marcio

  2. #2
    Senior Member kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    Age
    53
    Posts
    990

    Smile

    Glad you are having a great time and looks like you are hooked on ARUBA!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

  3. #3
    Senior Member Shnyda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The pool @ Gold Coast Aruba, Holiday Inn Casino, Arashi Beach, Sunset @ California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, Our friends hotels/timeshares when they are on the Island at the same time as us
    Age
    39
    Posts
    978
    I can almost hear the excitement in that post!
    -Eric, Karen and Mia-
    Aruba New Years 2017-18 12/28/17 - 1/3/18 (18th Trip)


  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,888
    If u r snorkeling with aruba bob on Wednesday, we will see u both!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    Folks,

    just a short notice to say we are loving Aruba! So much to do that you'll understand that going online is not a priority

    Our bodies still ache a bit after two hours of windsurfing but nothing that a whole day in Arashi doing nothing can't heal. We also have already taken a sunset sail and visited downtown Oranjestad. Our snorkeling trip was rescheduled because of the bad weather on Saturday morning.

    We also have had wonderful dinners at Papiamento, Gianni's, Madame Janette and, last but not least, a torchlight dinner here at the Radisson -- which, by the way, is amazing!

    And the best of all -- we aren't only in the middle of our trip!

    More details later. Maybe only when we get back home...

    Cheers

    Marcio

  5. #5
    Senior Member MarcioCampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If u r snorkeling with aruba bob on Wednesday, we will see u both!
    Too bad - this Wednesday we are taking a day trip to Curaçao; we'll snorkel with Aruba Bob on Thursday.

    Cheers

    Marcio

  6. #6
    Senior Member kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    Age
    53
    Posts
    990

    Smile

    May I ask how the day trip to Curacao was?
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

  7. #7
    Senior Member MarcioCampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Posts
    119
    Folks,

    Honeymoon is over -- I did hope our flight could be cancelled but, alas, we did have to fly back to Brazil. Now we're with my parents, and tomorrow evening we fly to Curitiba, where we live.

    I couldn't meet any of you (except for mambrosio, who was in the same flight from Aruba to Brasilia), but now I understand perfectly why you love Aruba so much. Now I share this passion of yours. And those of you who can return often to the island are truly lucky. Cristina and I loved Aruba and want to be back, just don't know when...

    In a few days I'll start posting reports, but I need some advice from the moderators. Restaurant reports go in the culinary board, right? There's already a thread on Curaçao day trips so I should post there too, ok? And here I can tell you everything else about activities, places we visited etc. Is that correct?

    Cheers

    Marcio

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,888
    my suggestion is to post the whole thing here in the "my aruba story"

    do it like a journal set up

    technically curacao should be in the off topic section, but since it was part of your aruba trip, include it here and then maybe make a copy of it and post in off topic.

    re: restaurants, if you want to make mention of where you dined you can do it in this category with your Aruba Story or if you care to elaborate lots about restaurants then keep that separate and in the Culinary section.


    bear in mind marcio, this is "your" Aruba Story and as long as it is your story, no matter what it includes, this is the best category for it.

    Safe travels and welcome home

  9. #9
    Senior Member MarcioCampos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Posts
    119

    Marcio and Cristina - underwater activities

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    bear in mind marcio, this is "your" Aruba Story and as long as it is your story, no matter what it includes, this is the best category for it.
    Hi, Andrea! Thanks for the advice -- I'm a forum moderator myself and I know how boring it can be to move threads and messages to the right place, that's why I had asked those questions.

    We chose Aruba for our honeymoon because Cristina loves beach locations and, when we decided to go to the Caribbean, we did some research to find "our" island -- a Brazilian travel website has lots of advice on it, and we discovered Aruba was the place we wanted to go to.

    So, we would go there for the beaches and hotel comfort, but we also decided that honeymoon would the chance of doing, as a couple, lots of things we had never done before, and Aruba offers lots of different activities. Right now I don't have time to describe everything, so I could start with the underwater ones.

    You may have read at the Aruba Bob thread that snorkeling was our #1 activity. Being in the ocean, with the fish, and discovering a whole new underwater world, was awesome! We did it first with Stuart (Aruba Bob) -- it was scheduled for Saturday the 12th, but because of the rain we changed it to Thursday the 17th. Stuart came to the Radisson to pick us up and we went first to Club Arias to get our gear, and then to Mangel Halto.

    Cristina is a good swimmer; I'm a quite poor one. But the life jackets made me feel quite calm, and I could focus on learning how to breathe naturally with the snorkel, and on how to use the scooters. After a few minutes in shallow waters, when Stuart felt we were doing well enough to go into deep waters, he took us there. Really amazing! We saw lots and lots of different fish -- later I discovered that among the ones we had seen there were sergent majors, French angelfish, parrotfishes, a pair of squids, blue tangs, French grunts. Stuart took pics of a trumpetfish but I hadn't seen it while in the water. I saw much more than I had imagined I would see. I especially recall a small fish with a very dark body (black or dark blue, I don't know) and light blue fluorescent spots. It was really amazing! There was also another nice one, with a red belly and black, white and beige spots on the body. Right after Stuart left us in the hotel, both Cristina and I agreed that it was the most incredible thing that we had done in Aruba and that it would be very difficult to do something as nice in the two remaining days.

    On the following day, Friday the 18th, we took the Jolly Pirates morning sail with snorkel. To be honest, we were expecting more of the pirate stuff. Cristina is a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and that's why I had decided to book this tour. But the crew was dressed like normal folks (the exception being the guy who welcomed us at check-in). We met a couple of artists who were avid snorkelers and we had a very pleasant talk. The snorkeling was nice -- I used the life vests all the time, and the visibility close to the Antilla wreck was great, so even from the surface I could see a lot of the ship. In all three snorkeling sites there were large groups of sergent majors; I also saw other nice fish whose name I don't know, and many small fish that look a lot like bluehead wrasses but have yellow bodies and green heads (or maybe they were really blue but I was seeing green).

    And on our last day in Aruba, Saturday the 19th, we took the Atlantis submarine ride. Yeah, we go into the deep, see different fish, but... well, it's not the same thing as snorkeling. We did see a green moray, some barracudas, yellowhead wrasses, foureye butterflyfishes, etc. etc. but I felt that 1. the price we pay considering the time we spend down there is a bit high; 2. actually being in the water with the fish is much more exciting than being safe and dry inside a submarine. That's why we likely wouldn't repeat the Atlantis in a second visit to Aruba. But we don't plan to wait until returning to the island to snorkel again!

    All the best from Brazil

    Marcio

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,888
    i too agree with your take on the atlantis submarine ride. i prefer to be IN the water and wet instead of being on the sub. my husband and son have been on it numerous times.

    i think that the aruba tourism authority is marketing heavily in brazil!!!

    glad all was wonderful for you both.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    Hi, Andrea! Thanks for the advice -- I'm a forum moderator myself and I know how boring it can be to move threads and messages to the right place, that's why I had asked those questions.

    We chose Aruba for our honeymoon because Cristina loves beach locations and, when we decided to go to the Caribbean, we did some research to find "our" island -- a Brazilian travel website has lots of advice on it, and we discovered Aruba was the place we wanted to go to.

    So, we would go there for the beaches and hotel comfort, but we also decided that honeymoon would the chance of doing, as a couple, lots of things we had never done before, and Aruba offers lots of different activities. Right now I don't have time to describe everything, so I could start with the underwater ones.

    You may have read at the Aruba Bob thread that snorkeling was our #1 activity. Being in the ocean, with the fish, and discovering a whole new underwater world, was awesome! We did it first with Stuart (Aruba Bob) -- it was scheduled for Saturday the 12th, but because of the rain we changed it to Thursday the 17th. Stuart came to the Radisson to pick us up and we went first to Club Arias to get our gear, and then to Mangel Halto.

    Cristina is a good swimmer; I'm a quite poor one. But the life jackets made me feel quite calm, and I could focus on learning how to breathe naturally with the snorkel, and on how to use the scooters. After a few minutes in shallow waters, when Stuart felt we were doing well enough to go into deep waters, he took us there. Really amazing! We saw lots and lots of different fish -- later I discovered that among the ones we had seen there were sergent majors, French angelfish, parrotfishes, a pair of squids, blue tangs, French grunts. Stuart took pics of a trumpetfish but I hadn't seen it while in the water. I saw much more than I had imagined I would see. I especially recall a small fish with a very dark body (black or dark blue, I don't know) and light blue fluorescent spots. It was really amazing! There was also another nice one, with a red belly and black, white and beige spots on the body. Right after Stuart left us in the hotel, both Cristina and I agreed that it was the most incredible thing that we had done in Aruba and that it would be very difficult to do something as nice in the two remaining days.

    On the following day, Friday the 18th, we took the Jolly Pirates morning sail with snorkel. To be honest, we were expecting more of the pirate stuff. Cristina is a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and that's why I had decided to book this tour. But the crew was dressed like normal folks (the exception being the guy who welcomed us at check-in). We met a couple of artists who were avid snorkelers and we had a very pleasant talk. The snorkeling was nice -- I used the life vests all the time, and the visibility close to the Antilla wreck was great, so even from the surface I could see a lot of the ship. In all three snorkeling sites there were large groups of sergent majors; I also saw other nice fish whose name I don't know, and many small fish that look a lot like bluehead wrasses but have yellow bodies and green heads (or maybe they were really blue but I was seeing green).

    And on our last day in Aruba, Saturday the 19th, we took the Atlantis submarine ride. Yeah, we go into the deep, see different fish, but... well, it's not the same thing as snorkeling. We did see a green moray, some barracudas, yellowhead wrasses, foureye butterflyfishes, etc. etc. but I felt that 1. the price we pay considering the time we spend down there is a bit high; 2. actually being in the water with the fish is much more exciting than being safe and dry inside a submarine. That's why we likely wouldn't repeat the Atlantis in a second visit to Aruba. But we don't plan to wait until returning to the island to snorkel again!

    All the best from Brazil

    Marcio

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO