Aruba Beach

Thread: Michele's trip report !!!!!

Post Michele's trip report !!!!!

Well, have been home less that 24 hours and already ready to go back. Cold and ugly here in PA .....
    So, about my trip....The weather was fairly cooperative, it did rain one or two days long enough to make it miserable, but in general it rained and then the sun came out...scorching!!!
    We tried not to get to upset with it, the only real problem was when we were out in the 4x4's without tops and got caught in a rain storm.....getting wet was bad, but it made some of the rocks slippy and hard to manuver over...no crashing or rolling I am happy to report though !!!
    Got nice and brown, even though it will be gone in a flash...
    Met SanNic....wow what a nice guy, and of course his wife also...he was great and signed my book !!!!! The second best part of it was meeting the real live "Sam"...nice guy, I bought him a beer and we took a couple of pictures together..with him and also with 44............Thanks 44 it was great to finally meet you and I am waiting for the next book !!!!!
    Went out to dinner a few times only, cooked in alot (lots of company that didn't have much money)...went to Tango's only because we wanted a salad and there was NO PLACE TO PARK up by the new mall..!!! So we ended up parking behind Salt and Peppers and they had a security guard, so we chose Tango's (Dh hates Salt and Peppers)...steaks were only okay...won't go there again. Tried pizza at Casa Tua and it was awful.....crust was so thin and dry it may as well have been a cracker...yuk...
    Only other place we went was Sole Mare....the food was great as usual....Friends of our that live on the island know the owners son that manages the place. He grew up with him and our friends were with us for dinner that night, so we got a chance to meet JP and have and after dinner cordial (or 5)...sat there for about an hour staring at him trying to figure out why he looked so familiar and then realized I have a picture of him and a few friends of mine from the old days when Divi had the little cabana beach bar...we used to party with him years ago !!! Just never know who you will run into.....
    Gambled a little....won some and lost some, but didn't loose so much that it mattered...thank heaven...
    Friend of ours brought her 23 year old daughter and the daughters friend and so they kept us busy....up at 8-9 with drink in hand and fall into bed at night about 11....a little trashed....well, a lot trashed. I think I had a pretty good time...trying to remember....LOL !!! Got dragged (literally) to Senor Frogs....had a good time until my head started pounding even though there was no music....time to leave, thanks for the good time...I'm outa here !!!!
    Tried to get onto the internet at the cafe in the Tam, but although I could get onto the forum, I could not stay signed in and so could not post....
    Heard for sure the HardRock is going to be built behind Gianni's in the new complex they are building.....Have a mentioned that the Riu is an UGLY BEHEMOTH ?????
    Got to snorkle a bit, went to baby beach and it's a little weird, but they are putting gates up to keep either us out (general term) or something ???? But the snorkling the day we were there was great, saw a lot more neat fish than the last times we went. Also went up towards the light house a snorkled by the coral reefs...great place, went with our Aruban friend and he really knew where to take us.....
    So long story short we had a nice relaxing vacation, hate to be home, but haven't hit the lottery so I must return to the job...
    Maybe next year it will be more exciting and maybe I will remember more details...<<kidding>>
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks for the report. We missed you....welcome back!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Danadog, Welcome home...sorry its a bummer being home. If its any concelation we're glad you had a great time and are home safe............
    We were very surprized to hear Casa Tua wasn't good, their Fettucine Alfredo is to die for, and we did enjoy their pizza downtown...Oh well, some places have "OFF" days, and we all have different tastes...
    At least you have Thanksgiving to enjoy now, and maybe your tan will still be there....LOL..cindyo

Aruba since 1979
    welcome home michelle
    it seems like just yesterday you were getting ready to leave.

we missed you
    andrea

The year of waiting passes quickly, the time on the island lasts only a second. Sorry you have to be home, but keep dreaming.

Thanks for posting and welcome back! If you can't remember it all that means you had a great vacation!

To Everyone....Yes, the wait to go passes slowly and our time on Aruba flys by....so sad....
    But yes, Mark I must have had a great time because there are certainly things I forgot to mention and some I could not...<teeheehee>
    CindyO...regarding Casa Tua......the pizza was not great, but we picked it up, so I guess in fairness I can only comment on that. The salad we got was good....guess I am just not used to that kind of pizza...and as you said..to each his own...
    Thanks to all for the welcome back, I am sad to be home but am glad to have friends on the forum..especially because you all understand how it feels to have to be home...to the COLD weather...ah well...will start planning for next year....

Welcome home,now its time to plan for next years vacation.

Welcome home. I am always sad for at least a week when I come home, and than I start planning for the next year, so it makes me feel good, and the time passes by fast.

Yes, the first few days you just wander around the house trying to figure out why its so damn cold outside and why in the bloody hell you came home in the first place....!!!...LOL
    And yes, I have already begun to formulate a plan for next year .......

Forgot in my original message that when we got to airport I was bumped up to first class for the ride from Charlotte to Aruba and my pour husband had to sit in coach. When I questioned the representatives at the gate they said since our confirmation #'s were different they didn't know I was flying with someone and since all the seats were taken there was nothing they could do...Dh was very gracious about it and I even offered to let him sit up front to which he politely declined (thank God)...then to make matters worse they did it on the way home....but they said since he had an award ticket ( used FF for his ticket) he was not eligible to be moved up...my niece was flying home with us, so I asked if she could be moved up with me as my companion and they wanted me to use FF miles to upgrade her, OR pay 150...I swear I am so done dealing with USAir....they should have gone belly up when they declared bankrupcy...no customer service what so ever !!!!