Aruba Beach

Thread: MVC Eagle Beach

MVC Eagle Beach

My wife and I stayed at MVC Eagle beach Feb. 10 thru the 16th. Upon arrival check in was quick and we were placed in a downstairs room of the two story hotel . The manager of the hotel I recognized from Amsterdam Manor because we had stayed there many times . I asked the manager about this , she said that she worked for Amsterdam Manor for 18 years and that she still was working for them. All the time we were there I saw Amsterdam Manor personal upgrading various things (no noise). The swimming pool is small I thought it was the hot tub. They have a big tennis court which they need to turn into something more useful. We had use of lounges but had to carry them across the road to the beach (100 feet). The contenental breakfast was hard boiled eggs ham , salami, cheese , toast, bagels and yogurt . The Tulip restaraunt is on site and very nice. Next door is Chalet Suisse which in my opinion is one of the best places to eat on the island. My wife and I choose the low rise area because we don't like to go to crowded beaches like you will find at the highrise hotels .The MVC is small and inexpensive (no frills )and we got what we paid for , a place to sleep. Unfortunately there is construction everywhere . I truly believe Aruba will soon lose itself in overdevelopement.

Amsterdam Manor operates MVC which is why you'll see many of their employees there.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

Gold Coast Villas and Eagle Beach
    In January, we stayed at MVC for the 3rd time - we love it! It is very basic, but clean. Staff has been the same since we started staying there and are wonderful. Yes, it lacks the frills that the big resorts have, but we don't mind. Eagle Beach is just across the street and we are only at the hotel to sleep.

Amsterdam Manor this past year erected several palapas on the beach for use by MVC guests. We never had a problem securing one of them while we were there.

We like their 2-bedroom family units and rented them 2 out of the 3 times we went because we were traveling with our son and his friends. The other time we stayed on the 2nd floor in a double room and so enjoyed sitting at our little table reading, having a drink, etc. enjoying the view of Eagle Beach and the evening sunset. Very peaceful!

While we were there in January, they were installing smoke/fire detectors in all the rooms -- they were very quiet and considerate of the guests. I agree that the tennis court area should be used for something more (I don't know what) -never have we seen it used. It's nice to see that Amsterdam Manor is doing a lot of updating. We loved the new larger mini-fridges in the room, which held a lot more groceries that the past two years!!

It is unfortunate that there is so much building going on in that area - Oceania next door and condos and Morgan Water park behind it. Every year it changes! But we still love staying there and plan to again on our next trip - hopefully this summer.