Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2009 Vacation

Hey lancer where abouts in Mass. I am from wilmington. Wish I were going Friday

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

We live in Medford. We are staying at La Cabana. I keep checking the 10 day forecast and it looks ok to gloomy. I hope we have good weather. We used to be in Wilmington alot at the hockey rink.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I keep checking the 10 day forecast and it looks ok to gloomy. I hope we have good weather.
    http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=C AC|AW|AA---|ORANJESTAD&metric=0 You should hopefully like this forecast.

I like your weather report, so that's the one i'm sticking with. Thank you.

I like your weather report, so that's the one i'm sticking with. Thank you.
    There is a tropical wave north of the island this a.m. which has the forecast for today calling for "slight chance of a local shower during the morning."

The local http://www.weather.an/ Meteorological service of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba only offers up to a three day forecast...

"Aruba, Bonaire,
    Curaçao

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday
    "

It does look like a bright sunny day today!
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Also was thinkling of taking the gang to Texas De Brazil. How was it? What was the Cost and was the food good? My kids range from 17- 23. and my boys can eat. Thanks and enjoy your vacation.
    We ate at Texas De Brazil last September. We went around 6:30. Had a coupon for a buy 1 get 1 free meal. Costs including 3 sodas (total) and one dessert was 89.00
    Dinner without drink was 49.00

Gonna try Amazonia this time.

---

We are staying at the Radisson- di you remember the # of palapa you got yesterday? I think I want to try more towards the middle this time-- maybe be around Gilligans

Sgroi135 I need weather updates. Here in Massachusetts we had three days of sun(ltoday and last two) since middle of may. We leave Friday for our first Aruba vacation. First vacation in five years. I will cry if the weather is not good.
    Also was thinkling of taking the gang to Texas De Brazil. How was it? What was the Cost and was the food good? My kids range from 17- 23. and my boys can eat. Thanks and enjoy your vacation.

Weather today was BEAUTIFUL. got a little cloudy for a bit. But no problems.
    I liked texas de brazil, lucky for me kids under 12 don't pay, and I had a coupon for a free meal since i registered with their website and it was my anniversary not too long ago.

Price is 44.99 per person i think. Gets a little pricey, but there is a lot to eat and it is very very good.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    We ate at Texas De Brazil last September. We went around 6:30. Had a coupon for a buy 1 get 1 free meal. Costs including 3 sodas (total) and one dessert was 89.00
    Dinner without drink was 49.00

Gonna try Amazonia this time.

---

We are staying at the Radisson- di you remember the # of palapa you got yesterday? I think I want to try more towards the middle this time-- maybe be around Gilligans
    We are at palapa 34 and 36 i think for today, and tomorrow!

Have a great trip buddy!

Hey all...

We went to the Buccaneer Last night. I have to say I was quite unhappy with both the food and the service. I know that we are not at a 5 star place but...

We got there are like 6:30, we were sat in the left room, we made table number 3 in that room. It was me, my wife, and 2 kids.

Some of the things are very small which I could deal with but when you look at the entire meal, just adds up...

First we sat and we were offered drinks, we told them that we were just going to have water, (which is very good). The waiter filled my wife's and my glass, but gave my kids none, the waiter then disappeared and I had to find them to get the kids some water.

Then we ordered, we had 2 appetizers, I had the seafood platter, wife had the buliobase (spelling), kids had the fish sticks.

The waiter brought the appetizers and just basically dropped them on the table and walked away, did not give any plates to eat on. I had to locate him again for plates.

The appetizers were ok, but might just have been the flavors that I was not totally crazy about.

This is where I get annoyed,
    They bring my kids their fish....
    Then we wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.
    Probably 10-12 minutes go buy and we still don't have the adults food. Now the kids are basically done with dinner (a 3 and 6 year old). The waiter said "your food will be out shortly". So now we have to try to eat our food and keep the kids occupied. Luckily the fish tanks help out with that.

The adults food came, and have to say I was not really impressed at all.
    Every bit of "shellfish" was overcooked (like really really chewy). The grouper was the fish of the day, and was cooked very well.

For the $90 check and taxi round trip from the Radisson, was not a good meal......

Well we are going to hit the beach NOW!!!!

Give you guys an update later on!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast