Aruba Beach

Thread: My 26th trip to Aruba

Smile My 26th trip to Aruba

I was in Florida fishing for a few months like I usually do in Nov and Dec and thought I would make a fast trip to Aruba. Its alot more rainy this time of the year but I guess in the 6 trips I did this year to Aruba, they have all been on the rainy side. When you go to baby beach, everything that use to be brown, is lush and green. Thats a change for once. I'm sure the goats are loving that.

I have been to Barefoot 2 times and that will have to take #1 for me. They have a carribean grouper which is served with veggies, mashed potatoes, and has a cream cheese on top with a mango sauce. I'm telling you if I could get my grouper I caught in Florida to taste like that, I would eat it every night. Luke is the owner and he is a very nice guy. You can sit on the sand or up under a big shelterd hut but you can still see the water and everything. Went to Sultans another night and that place is also at the top of my list. We joined a few other couples for lunch at Hollywood barbeque and that place is awsome!!!! Beef brisket, and also the s,oked grouper is the best I have ever had. Its a very mild fish.

I have seen alot of turtles in the water this trip and alot more eels. I don't know why that would be. The pizza and wings here at Club Arias is the BEST pizza and wings on the Island. Chef Gabriel really does it right.

Well its a down pour as I speak! Although I won't complain because I could be stuck back home with the Indiana weather. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

hey there how long are you there for this time wefly in on the 2? sorry to hear about the rain is it cool as well or are we talking normal aruba rain? we were hoping for great weather as we have had cold rain for 2 months at home here

Aruba since 1979
    bright and sunny here @ eagle beach

but we had downpours earlier today

i think this is typical of rainy season sun, rain and clouds

the puddles on the way to and from the dentist this morning were deep

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I have been to Barefoot 2 times and that will have to take #1 for me. They have a carribean grouper which is served with veggies, mashed potatoes, and has a cream cheese on top with a mango sauce.
    Just goes to show you that people have different tastes. I had that same grouper entree when Barefoot first opened and I didn't like it at all. Thought the sauce was way too overpowering for such a mild, light fish. But who knows....they may have changed/tweaked it a bit since then. I'm not much of a heavy sauce person though so I think the fact that I ordered this was my error in not recognizing the fact that I normally like my fish just grilled with lemon and I don't like overly rich food. It sounded good on the menu....but was definitely not my cup of tea.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Who has it better,enjoy Kent