Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: My aruba story.....

Just to let ya know that we had such a blast today.
    Will tell ya all about it tomorrow.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific
    we want to hear all about it.

but first....enjoy your vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Just to let ya know that we had such a blast today.
    Will tell ya all about it tomorrow.

Really enjoying ourselves..... wish I did not have to leave tomorrow.
    I promise while sitting in the airport I will tell ya everything.... if they have free wifi. lol
    So nice and relaxing and people are wonderful.
    Now off to text my boss to tell her I might not make it tomorrow. Think I am going to be to tired to go home and straight to work.
    But I will tell her "little white lie" my flight was canceled today... it was by my choice till tomorrow. Not really fibbing..

Aruba since 1979
    are you enjoying the King's festivities?

Going to start about my wonderful trip. Actually this is the very first time I was not ready to come back home.

Okay Monday we left my job early at 6:30 am and arrived to the gate by 8:10. We decided to park in the airport itself thinking for the few extra dollars it was so much easier.. and with wonderful son's e-pass we didn't have to stop for tolls or parking. lol
    We got to our gate by 8:10 and that is after eating at McDonald's for a quick breakfast.
    Sitting at the airport we were greeted by a few locals from Aruba. Very nice and telling us all about the island and that today (Monday was a major holiday.. the king's bday) One was a manager of the Radisson's hotel in the high rise area and told us to come on over for a drink or two.
    Got to Aruba 20 minutes early... guess they flew there.. through customs was such a breeze. Was really surprised.
    We grabbed a taxi and got a quote for $21.00 and headed to the Renn. Mariner. the taxi driver a gal was a dizzy thing. Told her the Mariner and she kept asking me which one was that? Heck I don't know.
    Got to the front desk early and asked if they were giving any free upgrades. She gave us a very nice room over looking the pool with a nice water view. Very quiet too... heard no noise either.
    After unpacking and getting settled in we decided to walk around the area.
    At the marketplace they were having all types of activities for the king's bday.
    Live music and etc.
    All stores were close due to holiday but we still manager to find a little one for soda and a few snacks.
    As you all mention to me ... you do not need to buy water. Aruba has the best water we ever drank.

Tuesday morning we woke up early... thinking to myself why did I chose this day for an all day tour. lol But so glad and was not one bit disappointed.
    We were picked up promptly at 7:50 and brought to the abc tour . Was greeted by the owner, managers and etc. We had to sign waivers.
    And finally there were groups of divided to what tour and how long all prior to getting there. Very nice and organized.
    Since we had the all day excursion we decided for a very small extra fee.. $20.00 we upgraded our meal from a burger or chicken leg to
    chicken/ribs and grouper.... who would want a burger? Heck I can get that at home and was not one bit disappointed.

They put us in Rockey's jeep... he is one of the captain's. And the leader of the pack.
    There was nice of us in each jeep.. plenty of room and we all had to fasten our seat belts. (will tell ya all why later.)

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you are home safe and sound,but sad that your vacation to aruba just sped by.
    looking forward to reading more.
    thanks for sharing.

Wow your vacation just flew by. It's sounding like you had fun though!

Fasten the seat belts?? Like "y'all hold my beer and watch this"???

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. I have been so excited for you! There is something about that first visit and reading about it from that perspective that jist makes me smile.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast