Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Aruba Trip 2/19-2/23

My Aruba Trip 2/19-2/23

It has been 24 hours since I've been back in the States...aaargh...the humanity! :-) I miss the white sand, warm sun, cool drinks, and happy people of Aruba immensely!! This was my first visit to Aruba, but it definitely won't be my last.

We arrived and Bully was there to pick us up, sign with my name and all. He was AMAZING!! As he drove us to the Westin, he gave us great tips of places to socialize and eat...and when we told him we planned on going to a spa, he suggested Manchebo. We wanted to relax most of the trip, but ALL of Bully's tips we tried out were SPOT ON! I'm STILL dreaming about the Manchebo's 80-minute relaxing massage...as well as the amazing meal and great top-shelf drinks at Gianni's! We even popped in Buster's (recommended by the good folks on this forum as well as Bully). I was happy to leave a patch from the police department I work for on their board. Again, great people abound!!

The Westin was beautiful! The oceanview room on the 16th floor was the perfect way to wake up! I spent most of my time on the beach...sleeping, reading, and eating. I was able to make it over to the Bugaloe Bar one afternoon for happy hour and a live band, stiff drink, and cigar.

Aside from Manchebo Spa, the only major outing was to El Paseo Ranch for the Sunset Horseback tour. I think I took most of my pictures from my stay during that tour. Climbing up and down the terrain to catch glimpses of the ocean and then seeing it in all of it's expansive glory was literally breathtaking! I'd recommend El Paseo to anyone interested in that kind of outing.

Aruba is a great place to simply walk around and see the sites...people and places! And Bully is the perfect ambassador for one happy island!

I've now changed the plans for my 40th birthday later this year and am making my arrangements to spend it with friends in ARUBA!!

Clearly I can't say enough good things. I'm hooked! :-)

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for posting your "story".

:-) and you'll be back later in the year for your birthday!!

...another Aruba addict
    Your trip sounds heavenly and full of relaxation. Thanks for sharing.

It's really like a cult...one trip is never enough. When I found this forum prior to the visit, I was blown away at how many folks were saying they'd been coming for years and years. Now I totally understand!! I have been indoctrinated into the world of "one happy island"! :-)

Glad you had a great time,and i think it is safe to say it only gets better.Every trip we make {15}you find more great things,theirs a lot of outstanding restaurants,sunset cruises and a lot more things you will find as you go.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for posting your story...it just made me all the more excited about my upcoming visit to Aruba!

I had tried to contact Bully regarding an airport pick up and the email was returned as undelivered, the email address I had was - bullytaxidriver79@hotmail.com

I am afraid that now it is probably too late to reserve him.

~Trudy
    Hope to return to Aruba again soon!

Aruba since 1979
    bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

in your email you had the word driver after taxi. ditch the word driver.

if he cannot help you, he can get one of his colleagues.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by TrudM75 View Post
    Thanks for posting your story...it just made me all the more excited about my upcoming visit to Aruba!

I had tried to contact Bully regarding an airport pick up and the email was returned as undelivered, the email address I had was - bullytaxidriver79@hotmail.com

I am afraid that now it is probably too late to reserve him.

~Trudy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

in your email you had the word driver after taxi. ditch the word driver.

if he cannot help you, he can get one of his colleagues.

andrea
    Thanks (once again) Andrea!
    Hope to return to Aruba again soon!

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    ah another one has joined!!!

Welcome to the lovers of a wonderful island ARUBA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast