Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Aruba visit - 14 to 21 May 2011 (Part 3)

Aruba since 1979
    i could do it!!!
    paul and i are now in the mindset of turning our annual august aruba adventure to an early june aruba and bonaire or curacao adventure.

if it were not for the helicopter ride, i would never have considered flying on a prop plane.

:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ģ View Post
    Yes, DAE has two plane sizes. I saw the larger of the two on the runway that morning.
    http://flydae.com/about-dae/fleet

This is the plane we took via Tiara Air. It was a nice smooth ride - even got breakfast!

Re: Aruba trip may 14 to 21

Hi guys,

Me again, Andrea sorry about the small text for some reason even though i had it set on size 16 it reverted to size 10, i thought once it's posted you couldn't alter it?

On to DAE - We flew DAE twice, Once from Aruba to Curacao and Curacao to Aruba return, Whilst small it was a proper jet and probably held about 50 people, Gretch funnily enough i've travelled all over the world and i too am not that keen on small planes but i was fine!

You don't get any snacks or drinks served and it was very no frills you just get your seat and airline magazine. The flight is only 25 minutes each way though so by the time you get up youre decending again. I'd be happy to Fly DAE again, The day we flew back to Aruba though i noticed both Insel and Tiara had cancelled flights and only DAE was flying, Correct me if im wrong but i get the feeling DAE is the most reliable out of all airlines in the region! We did get delayed on both flights but i've been told thats a common occurence on DAE

Cheers

Cam

Smile Re: Aruba visit 14 to 21 May

Actually don't worry about it! I figured out the font size....Don't mind me i'm Aussie and according to one of my workmates who's a hair dresser my hair is dark blonde.....So whenever i have a ditzy moment i blame my hair colour! hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ģ View Post
    Yes, DAE has two plane sizes. I saw the larger of the two on the runway that morning.
    http://flydae.com/about-dae/fleet

This is the plane we took via Tiara Air. It was a nice smooth ride - even got breakfast!
    Amy, my minivan is bigger than this plane!!!!!

I couldn't sleep last night, I was so afraid I'd have airplane crash nightmares.

I think if I'm going to do it I'll just have to DO it and not think about it before hand.

Cam, I'd love to hear about what you thought about Curacao!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12