Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My brush with gambling immortality

I will be umpiring Big League (Little League's 16-18 age division) games on Friday evening and Saturday morning.

It's not only my annual Aruba vacation, it is also my "spring training"!

Will be going out to dinner with one of my Aruban umpire friends and his wife to The Promenade. Has anyone here dined there before?

Aruba since 1979
    Yes to promenade ! We have gotten the appetizer special every time we have been there. They are appetizer portions of the entrees. Delicious.

Enjoy yourmspring training.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    I will be umpiring Big League (Little League's 16-18 age division) games on Friday evening and Saturday morning.

It's not only my annual Aruba vacation, it is also my "spring training"!

Will be going out to dinner with one of my Aruban umpire friends and his wife to The Promenade. Has anyone here dined there before?

I've been to The Promenade for an awesome Sunday Brunch which is also small plates! Loved it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Unfortunately, my 21st trip to Aruba has come to an end. I had a fantastic time, as always.

I am finishing up this trip report thread with another tale about how wonderful the Aruban people are. We have heard and seen stories like this in the past, but here goes....

On Friday, I was set to umpire a baseball game in Pos Chiquito. I put my uniforms and gear into my rental car and was ready to go -- except that I discovered that my car battery was dead (my fault -- I forgot to shut the headlights off the night before. The headlights on my vehicle at home go off automatically, so I no longer have shutting off the lights in my "muscle memory").

I went to the front desk of my resort (Playa Linda) to see if I could get assistance. The front desk employee (Michelangelo) called the maintenance department and found that nobody had jumper cables. I figured that calling the rental company or someone else to come give me a jump start would take too long, so I was getting ready to take a cab to "the other side of the bridge". However, Michelangelo said he would assist me. He went to the employees parking lot, got his personal car, removed his battery, hooked it up to my vehicle and got me started.

Talk about going above and beyond! Such a great gesture, but it is so typical of the wonderful Aruban people I have encountered over these many visits.

I am back home in the US, but already I can't wait for my next visit to our favorite island paradise!

Aruba since 1979
    people in aruba are genuinely kind.
    they are either raised correctly or there is something in the water

welcome home rumpire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123