Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Camera is Gone Too

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar

My Camera is Gone Too

I just saw the thread that CphT Nancy lost her camera at the Butterfly Farm last Friday. Bad start on day 5

Like Nancy, I blew it too. I also lost my camera last Thursday night. I was at Pata Pata pool bar at La Cabana to take some pictures of the bartenders. I was leaving the next day and told the bartenders I would email them the pictures. They were closing the bar at 11:30 pm. They turned off the lights at the bar so I picked up my laptop computer and left forgetting my camera. It was either on the bar or on the chair. When I get to my room I usually put my pictures on my computer. That night I didn't as it was my last nite and I figured I wouldn't be taking any more pic's.

The next morning, I realized my camera was gone. I went to Lost and Found. No camera. I got home late Friday night. Saturday morning I called Lost & Found again. No camera.

There was a few young people (20's/early 30's) still at the bar when I left. I don't know if it was them who saw the camera and took it. But it really pisses me off that someone would steal someone's property.

I am with you this really ticks me off!!! Where do people get off thinking they can just take things that do not belong to them! How in the h eck do they live with themselves? That is such a shame now after a wonderful month in Aruba you have no pictures! Well at least you have your memories.
    OH that makes me so mad. Sorry that you "lost" your camera.
    Pat

Just so you know there is still hope for society ...there are honest people out there and I am one of them.
    Last year I was in the bathroom by the pool bar and someone must have taken off their diamond engagement ring to wash their hands and never put it back on. There it was sitting right on the vanity.
    I was horrified thinking about this poor woman once she realized it was not on her finger. I know how I would feel.
    I immediately went to reception and turned it in to security. Hopefully she retrieved it.

I hear you! We had our camera stolen on the very last day of a 12 day vacation. It was on the table next to our chairs. We must have dozed off and someone stole it right from under our noses! We lost all our pictures. I still bet upset when I think about it!

I'm so sorry for all the losses. I don't have a real expensive camera, so the loss of pictures I had taken over the duration of my vacation would be what would bother me the most, although I would still be mad about having to replace a stolen camera. What's wrong with people? I've found and returned several lost items, and I've always felt good that I was able to help someone.

Just recently, Cybil Shepherd's son (age 22, law student at Penn), was caught stealing cameras, money, makeup bag, etc from people carryon luggage during an overnight cross-country flight. I'm glad he was caught redhanded.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Good for you peapod! I also returned a ring, a mans wedding band with diamonds. I found it on the floor in the hall way of a hotel in New Orleans. I turned it in. I hope the guy found it, if not he had a lot of explaining to do! LOL You don't know, maybe his wife was there too--I was just kidding. LOL
    Man people have the nerve to steal something, and you are right there. OH this just makes me so mad every time I think about it. Everyone lock up your camera!!!! I have a few choice words, but will keep it clean! LOL
    Pat

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Vacation vaults for everyone! Lock them around your arm if you have to : )

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Liz, so sorry to hear that your camera got taken. Its not just loosing the camera, its all the pictures in them too.
    Maybe some honest person will turn it in.

Aruba since 1979

sorry to hear your camera and card loss.
    disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I just saw the thread that CphT Nancy lost her camera at the Butterfly Farm last Friday. Bad start on day 5

Like Nancy, I blew it too. I also lost my camera last Thursday night. I was at Pata Pata pool bar at La Cabana to take some pictures of the bartenders. I was leaving the next day and told the bartenders I would email them the pictures. They were closing the bar at 11:30 pm. They turned off the lights at the bar so I picked up my laptop computer and left forgetting my camera. It was either on the bar or on the chair. When I get to my room I usually put my pictures on my computer. That night I didn't as it was my last nite and I figured I wouldn't be taking any more pic's.

The next morning, I realized my camera was gone. I went to Lost and Found. No camera. I got home late Friday night. Saturday morning I called Lost & Found again. No camera.

There was a few young people (20's/early 30's) still at the bar when I left. I don't know if it was them who saw the camera and took it. But it really pisses me off that someone would steal someone's property.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I can't believe people have the guts to steal something that isn't theirs! Seriously, camera's aren't that expensive - if you can afford to go to Aruba, you can afford to buy a camera - QUIT STEALING THEM! The camera can be replaced but the photos can't be! GRRRR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast