Aruba Beach

Thread: My Honeymoon

My Honeymoon

All the advice I got here made for a great honeymoon for oct 12th - 24th. In a nutshell here are my thoughts:

Loved everything.

In a slightly bigger nutshell:

Food: enjoyed Passions and Madame Janettes, and had the greatest dining experience ever at Flying Fishbone. The view that night had sunset/moon/and lightning over Argentina all at the same time. Amazing
    The Pega Pega bar next to Bucuti had great happy hour from 5 - 7, loved the atmosphere

Hotel: Stayed at the Bucuti, which was lovely. The beach was quieter than Palm beach (as i'm sure 98% of you know) and very romantic. So many honeymooners there, and watched 3 weddings on the beach.

The people: Actually found the locals to be pretty rude in general. I am really easygoing so it didn't bother me, but I felt like I was bothering them every time I purchased something in a store. I enjoyed the way they drive, especially found the way they park entertaining.

Beaches: Beautiful. Palm beach was pretty, but so crowded. The Bucuti beach was quiet, but a little rough for the wifes liking. (A wave attacked her the first day and threw her around a little, and she hasn't forgiven it yet). Baby beach was great. I had not snorkled before and it was great for a beginner.

Cats and dogs: Didn't like seeing so many, but you see that in a lot of countries.

entertainment: We went to Aruba because there wasn't a lot of forced entertainment, just relaxation. Bucuti does show a movie on the beach twice a week which was fun. "Pirates of the Caribbean" with the waves crashing and a lightning storm was pretty cool

Thank you all for your planning ideas.

Tom

Thanks for the review. Sorry you had to come home. The waves at the Bucuti are not always that big. You just happened to time it that way unfortunately.

Aruba since 1979
    loved reading your report

andrea

Congrats! Glad you enjoyed your experience. Don't forget us now that your trip is over. We are you friends......................
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Congrats, and we love to hear that you loved and had a great honeymoon in Aruba, so now plan your next trip so your wife can get revenge on the tide.

Enjoyed reading your report!

we honeymoon at Bucuti the last week of September and there were no waves to speak of! We enjoyed the nice quiet beach too

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmooners View Post
    Food: enjoyed Passions and Madame Janettes, and had the greatest dining experience ever at Flying Fishbone. The view that night had sunset/moon/and lightning over Argentina all at the same time.
    Maybe you mean Venezuela......

Congrats on your honeymoon - glad you had a great time!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018