Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By danadog56

Thread: my latest vacation trip to paradise !!!

my latest vacation trip to paradise !!!

so, 14 days flew by like the wind....the weather unlike last year behaved and it was sunny and gorgeous the entire time (10 minutes of rain once or twice doesn't count)....
    this time we tried the submarine....avoided it for 10+ years....should have avoided it again.....crowded, with nothing great to look at...
    tried the seatrek.....nice if you don't scuba, did it so a friend would go under, she had a blast, I was bored, but the divers were great and got the fish to swim all around you, so I would give it a thumbs up
    depalm island was a first as well, it was okay, had a blast on the waterslides....
    depalm catamaran snorkel tour.....as always a blast, snorkel and drink, drink and snorkel.....great day on the water...
    we also rented a small (4man) catamaran and went up to the light house and back....take was sweet !!!! just cruising along the coast line watching all the activity, boats, snorkelers, etc.....very nice....would also recommend that

finally tried the driftwood restaurant......had the blackened barracuda, very good...not fishy tasting, nice texture....
    also stopped by sole mare, can't seem to stay away from there.....good food, great sangria, (yum)...great polenta....
    didn't really go out too much otherwise...cooked in and relaxed....spent everyday in the sun and water...

can not wait to go back again .....maybe sooner than november next year!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    welcome back!
    i am so glad that the weather was not disappointing.

thanks for posting.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Thanks for posting. Did you stay at Divi Village? If so, how are the renovations coming along? Do they have internet now? Last I heard, they were low on chairs at the beach. Do they have more now?

Thanks for the trip report-we love them.
    Sean and Susan

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Thanks for posting. Did you stay at Divi Village? If so, how are the renovations coming along? Do they have internet now? Last I heard, they were low on chairs at the beach. Do they have more now?
    sorry for the delay in answering your questions...but, there is still a shortage on the beach...mostly because the taxis bring the cruise ship folks to the beach and they take all the lounge chairs. If you go to the hotel lobby and c/o they will bring more over...thats what we did, you just have to be there when the chairs come.....
    they do have internet, have for a long time, you just have to pay for it....50 dollars per week, maybe one of these days they will either lower the cost or drop it altogether.....
    the renovations are almost done, they are now on bldg c...which is the big middle one. that is the last one and should be almost done with it....the noise is not too bad, ,,,,I figured since I was on vacation and in the sunny caribbean a little noise was okay...rum helped of course !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME