Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: My Thoughts on Aruba....

Thumbs up high rise low rise

Funny Aruba has so many different beaches, Durif beach ,Divi and Tamarjin end is so different from the high rise. Long golden beach with enough room between people ,you could put 20 or more sun beeds inbetween, So easy to relax sleep, read .We do travel up to the end for my husband for windsurfing alltough there is free windsurfing at the Tamarjin sometimes there is so much more wind at the windsurfers beach,infact it rains at different ends of the beach . Of course there is baby beach Hey Ho you may only be there with 20 other people.
    We are staying at Ruby this year so we will go to Durif to sunbathe and other beaches for windsurfing or Fun and the buzz also to watch the weddings at sunset at the high rise.But we do not stay to sunbathe there as its very busy. You just have to move around a little to find what suits You.
    The more you visit Aruba the more you find out and theres lots to find out. Not only beaches if you are a foodie you could put on pounds so many loveley places to eat.Look at the local paper for events , We love to go to the Jazz festival,music festival , also the Horse show .
    Americans can get to Aruba easily Lucky people its far more difficult for the British people who love the island , Its package holidays mid may to mid october.But we are doing our own thing this year as the flight have been improved to get to Amsterdam .
    All you have to do is Return to ARUBA over and over and still you will find something new .

Aruba since 1979
    yes glynis
    we in the usa, particularly those of us on the east coast area near air hubs (atlanta, boston, miami, nyc, charlotte) do have it easier with flight selections and pricing.

you folks not only have high prices, longer travel time, but less selection.

wish things were easier for our friends across the big cold pond.
    Quote Originally Posted by glynis View Post
    Funny Aruba has so many different beaches, Durif beach ,Divi and Tamarjin end is so different from the high rise. Long golden beach with enough room between people ,you could put 20 or more sun beeds inbetween, So easy to relax sleep, read .We do travel up to the end for my husband for windsurfing alltough there is free windsurfing at the Tamarjin sometimes there is so much more wind at the windsurfers beach,infact it rains at different ends of the beach . Of course there is baby beach Hey Ho you may only be there with 20 other people.
    We are staying at Ruby this year so we will go to Durif to sunbathe and other beaches for windsurfing or Fun and the buzz also to watch the weddings at sunset at the high rise.But we do not stay to sunbathe there as its very busy. You just have to move around a little to find what suits You.
    The more you visit Aruba the more you find out and theres lots to find out. Not only beaches if you are a foodie you could put on pounds so many loveley places to eat.Look at the local paper for events , We love to go to the Jazz festival,music festival , also the Horse show .
    Americans can get to Aruba easily Lucky people its far more difficult for the British people who love the island , Its package holidays mid may to mid october.But we are doing our own thing this year as the flight have been improved to get to Amsterdam .
    All you have to do is Return to ARUBA over and over and still you will find something new .

We just returned from our two week visit to Aruba. We are long time owners at Casa del Mar and have only missed 4 years since 1989 - one of those years was 2011. I will agree that the low rise area is some what less Americanized but this year we got a feeling of "spring break" all over the island. Even our annual visit to Zeerovers was not the same. I will never understand why some people will travel to an international destination and want to spend time in establishments they can visit in the USA. Aruba Tourism officials have done a good job of making Aruba just like any other island and I must admit I am disappointed. By the way, the Ritz is a monster of a property. I can't imagine how crowded that area will be when it is completed. I hope the people of Aruba can hold the developers back from moving further up into Arashi and near the light house. The good old days are long gone - almost time to find another undiscovered treasure.

All in all, Aruba and its people always make us feel welcome. That is what keeps us coming back year after year.

Bondia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12