Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: My trip 5/15 to 5/22

Aruba since 1979
    ahhh too much booze and sun and little water makes for "too much of a good thing"
    i am glad that you were able to make it to dinner.
    if it were i, i'd be hungover/sick and eating toast and tea at 8 pm.
    you did well my friend!!!

thank you so much for sharing your wonderful vacation.
    it was a pleasure to meet you.

i also have to say, that it is a privilege to know a guy like you who takes great care of his mom.
    you are a good guy!!!
    your mom is one blessed lady!!!

bully and hubert........no one beats 'em!!
    good guys, good tours and services, excellent business practices.

thanks so much for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Oh no I'm back home to reality. Yesterday Day 7 I spent a lot longer than usual at the beach. I really wanted to appreciate the beauty of Eagle Beach and was there from 10:30am to 3:30pm. I usually leave at 2pm. I got a lot of sun, drank a lot of rum. was in the water a long time. Dinner was at Daniel's and I was like a Zombie from all the run & OJ I drank at the beach. A lot of booze and a long time in the sun don't really mix. You get dehydrated if you are not chasing it down with water which I didn't and the sun drains you after a while. I felt sooo tired but I managed to make it to Daniels. I had the filet mignon and lobster tail and bacon scallops as an appetiser. My Mom had the mixed grill of filet mignon, shrimp and lamb chop. Everything was excellent but the service was really slow. It was a pack though so understandable. I managed to drink a white wine despite all that booze. Traditionally I have an Old Fashion Martini the last night but I needed something light.

When we left Daniels a white taxi van pulled up with the number 5. I thought it was Bully. So I get in the van and said, hey this is Bullys van. The driver said,no sir this is my Van but I'm Bullys brother in Law Hubert. I was so glad to meet him because I heard great things about him too. I told him I took an excursion with Bully the prior day and Bully had told him about it. So i told him if Bully told him about when we got stuck in the sand by the 3 bridges. He said yes and started laughing.I told him that poor Bully was sweating thinking he was not going to be able to get the van out since the wheels were spinning. I'm sure we've all been there with mud, snow or dirt road. Hubert said oh so he was sweating and he said he was going to tease him all week. LOL

Today I got to the airport at 11:30am and I was at my departure gate by 12:40pm. It was a breeze but I could have even gone faster if I had gotten the wheel chair assistance for my Mom like I did in NY. Still great timing. We departed at 2:20 and was in NY by 6:45. i got the wheel chair assistance for my Mom to luggage claim and the guy took a short cut threw some security area. Took 5 minutes. When we got to luggage my bag was already there so i grabbed them both and we got a cab right away. What a breeze it was in Aruba and in NY!

To recap my trip, I dinned in 5 new restaurants Gostoso, Ricardo's, The West Deck, Daniels and Quinta De Carmen. I enjoyed them all but wow Quinta De Carmen was awesome! I also ordered the Nutella Cheese Cake Cindyo reccomended and since it was my birthday they put a sparkle candle on it. I must of eaten Grouper 3 or 4 times this trip. I had it at Barneys the Parm Grouper which was good but my favorite was the dutch grouper I had at Barneys last year.

The Bully tour was excellent. He really provides a great service. He took me to Alto Vista Church, A Catholic Cemetery which was unique because they are like miniature mosoleums that hold 4 caskets inside and they are all painted in bright colors. We went to the natural bride, gold mine ruins, a water tank with awesome view of Orangestad from up that hill, the rock formations with the indian drawings. He took us to the Bright Bakery and bought us Pastechi,Coconut Macaroon cup cakes and a loaf of bread filled with gouda cheese. He insisted on paying and said that is how he operates. He droped us off at The West Deck for lunch after the tour and told me to call him when I was done and he would drive us back to the hotel which he did. Great Guy!

So that is my story guys and I just have to say that it gets better every time. Hey isn't that a Beatle song? "It's getting better all the time, better, better,better.

Thanks all for reading my story!

Andrea it was great meeting you too! In the future we will run into each other again and do that meeting at Amsterdam Manor or La Cabana Happy Hour.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2406.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2407.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2408.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2409.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2410.jpg

Some pictures of my tour with Bully. These were taken from the top of a hill where they have the largest water tank. You can see downtown Orangestad from here.

My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2416.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2417.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2418.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2419.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2420.jpg seeing a cemetary is not my ideal sight on vacation but i was so facinated by these little colorful buildings that hold 4 caskets for each family member. This is a Catholic Cemetary and each religion has their own cemetary.
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 05-25-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Attachment 3791Attachment 3792Attachment 3793Attachment 3794 I took a picture of an airplane landing from the West Deck. Nice view, good food, good times! Ms Daisy at Quinta Del Carmen sipping free champagne from QDC for my birthday plus a Martini below. Not bad for a 90 year old lady. I'm glad I made her Mother's Day special in Aruba and at the same time celebrated my birthday there.
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 05-25-2015 at 01:43 PM.

And this is me Edgar also known as the E-MAN at Quinta Del Carmen Bar. Very elegant place with great service and food. Attachment 3795

My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2467.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2468.jpgMy trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2469.jpg

I'm another one who is fascinated with cemeteries. We passed by one coming back from Cafe 080. Unable to view some if your photos. They look like links but don't open

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast