Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: My trip 5/15 to 5/22

Excursion Pictures

These are the last set of pictures which includes the Gold Mine Ruins and a some photos of the Beach from the West Deck. It was not busy for lunch that day and some people had their luggage with them so either they just arrived or stopped for lunch prior to their flight home. Hey we need that guy Dan to do a video of the West Deck!

Thanks all for viewing my pictures. Back to work tomorrow but hopefully another visit for Thanks Giving week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2453.jpg   My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2454.jpg   My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2455.jpg   My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2456.jpg  

My trip 5/15 to 5/22-img_2457.jpg  

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for all the pictures, ace2063!

I really enjoyed looking at all of them, never can get enough! It brought back many sweet memories! When I'm on Aruba, I LOVE taking pictures, I have thousands of them. I have been to most places but there is always new to learn. Really enjoyed Bully's stories, I never met him but he seems so lovely and charming!

Thanks again for taking the time and sharing your vacation with us!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    A lot of Cactus but no tequila refinery. They used the cactus as an added protection around their fence to their houses. Some cave drawings by the rock formations. These were done by Arawak Indians who came to Aruba from Venezuela which I believe is 19 miles from Aruba?
    It's interesting that a bird can land on this cactus. Once I have seen a picture where a Boa (snake) was wrapped around this type of cactus waiting for a bird to land.

I find the Indian drawings fascinating. So far, I have only seen the ones at Ayo Rock Formations. But there are more in caves (much more info at the link):

The Indianen of Aruba made drawings on rock walls, mostly in caves. The Indians did not live there, so these were supposedly religious places. They can be found in the caves of Fontein, Guadarikiri and at Arikok. The drawings were made with red dye and they represented geometrical figures where a human or a kind of animal (a fish, maybe a (now extinct) Caribbean Monk Seal) appears to be depicted.

http://www.historiadiaruba.aw/index....d=13&Itemid=27

Here is a little more info on the "Caquetio Indians of the Arawak tribe":

http://www.aruba.com/our-island/the-amerindians

If you get the hang of it and want to see a bit more of Aruba's history, I would really recommend to see the National Archeological Museum of Aruba in Oranjestad. A part of it is located in a old, historical building which it connected with a more modern building to house all of those ancient treasures:

http://namaruba.org/timeline/

Thanks so much for all the pictures and details Enjoyed it all! Even the freaky cemetery stuff - very interesting.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Great pictures! Your mom does not look like she's 90! God Bless her and you, the good son!
    Darlene

If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me how long the tour was with Bully and how much. I like the itinerary and will request the exact itinerary

The tour was 3 hours and he charges the standard taxi rate of $45 an hour and his van fits 5 people so its $45 an hour up to 5 people. The only place I did not go to was the light house because I've been there before but I probably should have went and taken pictures. The light house was part of this tour.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678