Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: My Two Weeks In Aruba..3/30 - 4/13

My Two Weeks In Aruba..3/30 - 4/13

Ok Aruba lovers...12 visits and I never produced a single trip report. It's always been Katherine giving out the details.

Unfortunately I am not one to remember days of the week, peoples names or what we ate for bfast..lunch..snacks and dinner. My mind is quite the seive which can be attested by my family and friends. I would like to share the special and heartfelt moments I had the grace to live out with my family in a place we truly love

Snorkeling with my 12-yr old daughter allie for the first time..When we floated side by side at baby beach and she reached out, grabbing my hand pointing down at some tropic, vibrant see creature...not having a clue what she was pointing at but hoping she wouldn't let go...could have snorkeled with her for hours!

Allie...again on the back of one Jolly Pirate as he flipped her through the air off the rope swing..nearly choked his good sole but my smile was aprox-a-mile wide!
    our 4th trip with JP and can't wait for 5.

Gregory..our youngest and toughest, wouldn't leave me alone for one minute and me loving each of those minutes as we swam in every surf and pool...roughing it in the big surf on 4/6 as he yelled to me "Feel the power!!!"

Cosimo (CJ) the middle boy..the thinker collecting Chill Bottle caps and aruban coins. At Tango's "want to share a T-bone Dad?" our favorite meal together as we split a gigantic beast of a steak.

The animal santuary with phillip..the monkeys stealing peanuts Phillip placed in the kid's pockets ...what a great spirit he has and quite attractive according to Katherine...still joking her about that one!

Our affectionatley named, Junky Truck from Amigo...complete with a hanging driver side door that needed a special closing procedure, balding tires and dings and dents...not pretty, not in the best condition, but turned out to be reliable and the subject of many songs and jokes.

Our boys out adventure...excursion along the north coast, Casibari rock climbing and cruising the local streets singing about our Junky Truck! I hope we can take that ride again!

walking the infinity circle at altovista with Allie and Gregory... Greory wanting to do it again...Allie wispering in my ear who she prayed and hoped for...wishing in my heart that it would come true.

Dreamy, late afternoon naps beachside or poolside..especially with my little man Greg...stashing his paci in my shirt pocket so "no one will laugh at him" me assuring him he will always be safe at my side as we sleep the afternoon away.

My 5:30 am coffee on the beach, watching the beach awake.. setting up our realestate for the day...taking a morning run, or not...soaking it all in...not getting up early because I have to..because I want to!

sipping those tiny, delicious, icy balashi chills with Kat at Moombas on a late, lazy afternoon, digging the beach, the sunburn, the breeze and her beauty. Always a killer tune grooving the background...the kids at play splashing the water buckets on each other at the sand shower.

Dudley cranking Bob Marley, windows down in our cab ride to easter dinner...all of us singing " jammin' " as we cruise through town!!!!

CJ..."Mr Shade" always looking for the best bowl of pasta and ordering from the "grown-up menu"...hoping he won't grow up to fast ...or ever.

Sharing beers and storys with a young philly couple and pancho at baby beach...each buying rounds...not rushing the day.

Zeerover..hanging out at sunset, eating finger licking good fish & shrimp fry watching CJ, Greg and Allie chasing crabs, small talk with Kat...laughing about fish, weather and foolishness with the locals along the dock. I could have imbibed the atmosphere until the wee hours...I will be back for more.

Beach side in the late afternoon...early evening with Kat, always excited when she finds her afternoon beach palapa...talking long about little things...realizing we missed our reservations...not caring..we'll just see what happens...the kids are fine...we're fine...realizing in a sudden breath that we are on island time.

Lastly but not final...sad, somber and sober in the so called "crying room" really the "reflecting room"...lamenting "Hey we have to get back soon! we still need to do this and that or some other thing that we all love or might have missed out on..."

Back Soon
    Mi ta hopi bon
    Ralph

Aruba since 1979
    Loved it!!

I think that was the best trip report I've ever read - sorry Katherine! You described the "spirit of Aruba" and why we love to go back time after time. Your words brought me back to our trip just over a month ago now - and made me yearn for our next one...thank you!

It really is a special magical place. I'm so happy that years ago Kat and I touched our feet to the island's sands and had the ability to allow our children to experience it's magic each year.

Sometimes I doubt myself and think "can it really be that special?" ....but it is! And it's our loved ones cherishing those moments with us and the people visiting and living on the island embracing it's spirit that make us yearn and return.

Ralph

I can admit it...Ralph can't outdo me in much , but he takes the prize in trip reports....brought back a lot of great memories!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Ralph ,loved the review.

Loved the review ralph...awesome... these memories will last forever, with you and your kids..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    I can admit it...Ralph can't outdo me in much , but he takes the prize in trip reports....brought back a lot of great memories!!
    He's a keeper ! Great report DH

Aruba since 1979
    sometime i want to write a trip report that says
    "i went to aua
    had a blast
    now i am home
    and sad"

Good dose of that Aruba glow

Andrea
    You can't let the gloom set in until all that good Aruba wears off! Home since 4/13 and NY/NJ hasn't come crashing down on me yet!

Besides you know how fun it is to troll this site keeping the glow alive.

Ralph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast