Aruba Beach

Thread: New Member

Hi Everyone,

This is the greatest! Aruba is the greatest! I am hooked.

My girlfriend got a free week at the Surf Club, as a gift from her parents, and guess who tagged along? It was my first international trip. We knew nothing about Aruba and didn't know what to expect. Needless to say we fell in love with Aruba. We took a taxi from the airport and the driver gave us the full run down of the island. He made us feel very comfortable right away. When we arrived at the resort we were in awe of the property and greeted by the nicest people. We settled in our room a bit, walked over to Champions and then hit the Kukoo bus. I didn't know I could be so crazy because I'm a pretty cool guy but the people on the bus brought it out of me. Mama (the wild and crazy lady on the bus) was hilarious all evening!!!

The next day was Saturday and we decided to do some walking, lots of walking. We were feeling great but didn't know what was in store. We made our way past the Holiday Inn, the mall and onward past the Hyatt and Riu. It was getting hot so we stopped at Ben & Jerry's and had sorbet. Well, to make a long walk short, we ended up all the way downtown in Oranjestad. That's right, blisters and all. We had no idea what we were doing. It was quite a learning experience but we won't do that again. We went to Kong King for groceries and took the bus back.

Sunday was recovery day so we hobbled around the beach and the resort. Monday our adventurous spirits arose again so we rented a jeep and drove to Baby Beach and went snorkelling. It was my first time snorkelling so I started taking in water because I wasn't doing a good job breathing through my mouth.It was fun though. After a while I did catch a glimpse of the fish.

During the remainder of the week we went to the National Park, parasailing, La Petite Cafe, Iguana Joes, Aqua Grill, Tony Romas and Smokey Joes. The week went by so fast and we were sad to leave. The best vacation we have ever had. We will never forget Aruba, our home away from home. We're going back every year.

Any Aruba beach...
    Happy to hear that you had such a wonderful trip! There is another convert to Aruba in this community.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Wow Va - for your first trip to Aruba, you did so much. And walking to O'stad from the Surf Club - that's amazing. Welcome to the world of Aruba Lovers.

Welcome to the group Va. thank-you for sharing your experience. Some walk!!!!!!!!!!! Not a bad place to get hooked on....many happy returns

Divi All inclusive is the best !!!
    Welcome VA Gentleman Glad you had such a good time. We all love Aruba !!!