Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Newbie Goodbye

Newbie Goodbye

Thanks to everyone for their advice and kind words. It has been fun planning our trip, it was fun being there and now I am savoring the moments through my photos. I'll never forget it! I posted a link to a slideshow (under Maggi's Photojournal) under the Photos section, but here it is as well: https://picasaweb.google.com/1120703...eat=directlink

Hey, no need to say goodbye. Come back and visit the forum to share your experiences with other newbies. Great photos by the way!!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks maggie...please find a bit of time every now and again and check in to the forum.
    you are no longer a newbie and i hope that you'll be able to offer suggestions to others!

i hope that you and your dear husband cross paths with aruba again!
    maybe during Carnival season or Christmas New Years??????
    those times are a whole different experience.

Love your photos!

Loved #57, great photography

Maggie, thanks again for the reports and awesome pictures. As others have said, visit us here often and share your thoughts and opinions with the rest of us, and the other newbies, now that you're an Aruba veteran. As you mentioned in another post, you have your sights set on visiting other islands, but you'll be back, and we'll all be here waiting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by aruba2099 View Post
    Loved #57, great photography
    Thank you! That's actually my favorite too.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Wonderful slideshow! Thanks again.

The picture which got my attention is #4. Where did you get that shot, Maggi? Looks almost like dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Wonderful slideshow! Thanks again.

The picture which got my attention is #4. Where did you get that shot, Maggi? Looks almost like dolphins.
    Those pics were taken out of the window of the airplane with my little point and shoot camera. I always keep it handy in the seat pocket just in case. It was over the Bahamas and those are islands. The swirls on the pictures are different colors of the water and the sand underneath. I always find it just fascinating! I could frame any one of those and hang it as abstract art. God's handiwork!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiwun View Post
    Those pics were taken out of the window of the airplane with my little point and shoot camera. I always keep it handy in the seat pocket just in case. It was over the Bahamas and those are islands. The swirls on the pictures are different colors of the water and the sand underneath. I always find it just fascinating! I could frame any one of those and hang it as abstract art. God's handiwork!
    Thanks for the explanation, Maggi. Little islands. Truly some artwork! I do the same when I have the chance to fly: take many pictures.

The colors of your photos are fascinating! What kind of camera are you using? I like the little point and shoot cameras as well and are in the process of getting a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    What kind of camera are you using? I like the little point and shoot cameras as well and are in the process of getting a new one.
    Truth be told, if I couldn't bring my camera I wouldn't want to travel. When I can lug it around I use my Canon 60D and when not I use a Panasonic Lumix I got at Costco, which is the one I used on the airplane cause I could tuck it in the seat pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast