Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Nothing to do now besides start a trip report!

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.google.com/maps/@12.518666,-70.0295637,17z

Mio Store.

Head thru the downtown on Smith Blvd.
    At the roundabout @ Surfside and Talk of Town Hotel...go around and take the 3rd exit (11:00).
    Follow that road straight and the Mio will be up about 1/3 mile on the left at another roundabout.
    (It will be across the street from the store with the big XEROX advertizement on the sign)

I will be buying Mio in early Nov.
    Our last few trips, we had planned on buying the MIO, but the WIFI was terrific and we felt no need.
    I am one of those people that choose not to be "unconnected".

I had Aruba Arribas at happy hour at the Trop pool bar and they were terrible too! Pata Pata bar at LaCabana is the place to be!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Great at info from Tropicana. We arrive there in three weeks or so and also requested a renovated room. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    Just a quick update as I came up to the room for a quick siesta before dinner. Great flights yesterday. Everything went as smooth as could be and we arrived about 30 mins early at 1 pm. One thing to note that I haven't seen mentioned here - the happy flow lines are gone. That whole side of the arrivals hall is gutted and the computers were nowhere in sight. The airport was dead and we wer the only plane arriving so moving through customs was fast but i bet it's crazy on Saturdays and Sunday's. Luggage was on the belt, couple bottles of booze and outside to meet the Optima rep. I'm really loving Optima. This is our second time using them and they have great rates and efficient service. Slow traffic through downtown. Arrived at Trop at 2. Bit of a line at checkin and I heard them tell each person ahead of us that their rooms wouldn't be ready until 4, so I figured that would be the same for us. But we got to the counter, I held my breath after asking 1) are our rooms ready, 2) did we get renovated rooms as I requested and 3) did you put us next to each other? All 3 ?s were answered with a Yes!! Score! We happy danced it all the way up to our rooms on the 2nd floor. Our friends were in total disbelief with the quality of these rooms for the price we paid. I was afraid Trop wouldn't come through and was preparing them, and myself, for the worst.

Changed into swimsuits and and hit the pool bar for a few brights. During happy hour we tried a few frozen concoctions and have to say they were all terrible. Lol. We decided we will stick to beer or wine at the bars here. We were starving so got pizza and salad from Pizza Bobs, which hit the spot. Then we ventured over to Lacabana and caught last call for happy hour there. I really like the vibe of that resort. We might look at a room there next week.

Spent today day on the beach and I am already head over heels in love with Eagle Beach. We love the Playa Linda but Eagle really has it all over Palm Beach. We are already talking about splitting our 2 weeks next May between Playa and one of the resorts here. Tonight we are going to head down to Palm for dinner at Azzuru and drinks at the Beach Bar. Can't wait to surprise our friends there as we didn't clue anyone in that we were returning for a 2nd visit this year.

Thats it it for today foks. I'll report more tomorrow. The wifi here, as others have reported, is pretty good in the pool and lobby areas and ok on our balcony. But everyplace else it's pretty non existent. Can someone tell me where the Mio store is located? Think we are going to pull the trigger on that.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

TRIP 14 ON MARCH 5TH 2018
    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL. EAGLE BEACH ARUBA.
    https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k

NOW RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8.
    PLEASE NOTE. OUR UNIT CAN ONLY ACCOMMODATE TWO PEOPLE.
    PLEASE SEND US A PM PRIOR TO BOOKING AND WE'LL MAKE A REFERRAL DIRECTLY TO THE MANAGEMENT COMPANY FOR YOU.

Andreah - the beach is really quiet here right now. In speaking with locals last night, we were told that the last couple of months have been the slowest they've seen in many years. I went down at 8 yesterday and got a 2nd row. 7 am this morning and got front row. Yesterday there were chickees available until at least 10. And thank you for the Mio store details. I'm sure they aren't open today so I'll get there tomorrow. I still need to venture out to Bright Bakery too as I haven't had my fix yet.

Last night we visited the Beach Bar at Playa Linda and had dinner at Azzuro. Setting is lovely and food terrific as always but our service was surprisingly slow. Waiter was not attentive and forgot many items. Won't stop us from going back but it was annoying and affected his tip.

I have to say, the Trop has the most comfortable beds of any room I've ever stayed in. Unfortunately I'm not getting much sleep at night because our bedroom overlooks the courtyard and there are some kind of birds out there that shriek all night. It literally sounds like an alarm going off. It's the oddest thing. They start up at sundown and they go nonstop until sunrise. I'm going to buy some earplugs tonight and see if that helps.

Jacki- I don't get it with the drinks. We tried many, including Aruba ariba. They were all awful. The one good thing, at least at the pool bar, is that beer is included on their 2 for 1. For those of you arriving soon, skip the cocktails here and head next door to Pata Pata.

Off to the beach now. Need to get a walk in before it gets unbearable. The last 2 days have been the hottest I've ever felt the sun here. We were here in September a few years back and I'm trying to recall if the sun felt this hot then...not sure. Planning on trying the eagle beach food truck for lunch. I'll report back later.

Aruba since 1979
    A bird that shrieks all night.....please put him out of his misery before i arrive in November.

Good to hear that the beach is quiet during the early hours and you are having no trouble getting palapas.

We all appreiciate you taking the time to write...thanks.

I agree with Andrea. If it sounds like it's in pain, it's the right thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A bird that shrieks all night.....please put him out of his misery before i arrive in November.

Good to hear that the beach is quiet during the early hours and you are having no trouble getting palapas.

We all appreiciate you taking the time to write...thanks.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

TRIP 14 ON MARCH 5TH 2018
    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL. EAGLE BEACH ARUBA.
    https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k

NOW RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8.
    PLEASE NOTE. OUR UNIT CAN ONLY ACCOMMODATE TWO PEOPLE.
    PLEASE SEND US A PM PRIOR TO BOOKING AND WE'LL MAKE A REFERRAL DIRECTLY TO THE MANAGEMENT COMPANY FOR YOU.

Aruba since 1979
    off topic but bird related.........a few years ago we stayed at caribbean palm village and we had an issue with a rooster.
    by the grace from God, we found excellent earplugs at the pharmacy nearby.

the bird lived

Let us know if the Eagle Beach food truck was there today, I think I heard it was closed on Sundays but I'm not sure. We planning on walking over there one day this stay.
    We love Playa Linda too, but I'm excited to try out Eagle this year.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

I "think" I found the food truck but sadly it was not open. It had no signs of markings on it but it was the only truck in the area so im
    assuming it's the one. I had asked one of the shop owners about it yesterday and she told me it was open Sunday but closed Monday. I will give it another try on Tuesday.

I wonder if the birds are the tree frogs of La Cabana?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=640AbI-hDV4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast