Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Nothing to do now besides start a trip report!

Jen - that is exactly what the noise is! Goes on all night long and is especially prevalent in the courtyard - right outside my bedroom window.

Aruba since 1979
    omg of course!

a high pitched squeal/peep.

Initially I found them an inescapable din, but after a couple trips, I've developed a fondness for the night noises :O)
    http://www.wildaruba.org/Documents/A...of%20Aruba.pdf

I stumbled across the attached presentation a few years ago; slides 8 and 9 are about the non native species of tree frog believed to coincide with the build of La Cabana back in 1988-90.
    I've never seen one in person...

Quote Originally Posted by Jen Doe View Post
    Initially I found them an inescapable din, but after a couple trips, I've developed a fondness for the night noises :O)
    Same here. I love the sound of them now, however, I don't ever hear them when I'm indoors

Hope you find great earplugs!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Wore earplugs. I could still hear the peeps, but the plugs took the edge off enough for me to sleep. down to beach just before 7 and got one of last 2 front row chickees. Heading to Bright Bakery now to grab goodies. Last night ended up being drinks and leftovers in the room. We all got a lot of sun yesterday and were too whipped to venture out.

Also, funny story, and this rendition will not do it justice ... Hubs and I were wandering around Alhambra Mall yesterday afternoon when we were approached by Essy from Shalom Spa..she pretty much wrestled hubs into chair "let me give u sample massage" then proceeded to manipulate him every which way in the chair for about 5 minutes. Then she grabs me "you next". She was scaring the heck out of me but everything she was doing felt pretty good. The woman was a hoot and a ball of energy. After she finishes her "demonstration" she grabs hubs again and drags him into the spa and convinces him to lay down telling him he is "strong like bull" and needs Thai massage. All of a sudden she jumps up onto the bed and climbs on his back and starts jumping up and down like a monkey. His reaction was one of terror, pain and relief all at the same time. She did some more torturous manipulation to him that had me in hysterics, then orders me to the bed. Begrudgingly I lay down and now it's hubs turn to watch her torture me. Everything she did hurt in a good way and we left there feeling really loose and relaxed, and very humoured by what we had just allowed her to do to us. We did give her a good tip but we stopped short of booking the 2 hour Thai massage that she was trying to sell us. Going to try to post a pic below.

Nothing to do now besides start a trip report!-image.jpgNothing to do now besides start a trip report!-image.jpg

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    holy cow.
    what if you did not want a thai massage?
    i am laughing, but you could have been injured and of course that would be bad.
    wish she could do her magic on the tree frogs.
    (we have tree frogs here in florida and when it rains they make a barking kind of noise...when it doesn't rain, their peeps are similar to the aruba frogs, but not as loud)

enjoy the front row
    is there wifi on the beach?

thanks for sharing your story and the photos.

OMG I would have been horrified! Of course, she never would have been able to get me to participate. Truth is, I need a lot of personal space!

No wifi on the beach for Tropicana visitors but a couple we know is staying at lacabana and shared their wifi password with us. Due to that we decided we did not need the mio. I have 3 bars from the lacabana wifi.

Re Essy, it was probably silly of is to go along. I think she knew she had us at hello. Lol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast