Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Nov 2 - 16. Renaissance Ocean- Andrea and Paul

Dentist

How do yje prices at the Dentist compare to those in the States? have you been going to the Dentist over there for a long time? Who do you see ? I might have to do that. Thanks for any info you can give me. Bill PS The Lobster Bisc at the Buccaneer is the Best!!

Keep it coming....we just got snow...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    our dentist here in aruba is jundira yraquasin ras.
    she is an aruban woman, young 30 ish, educated in holland and is exceptional.
    she has a new modern office, modern equipment and an exceptional staff.

a few years ago i had crown work and she fixed a root canal that my MA dentist did incorrectly and she made me a 3 unit bridge.

paul also had a tooth that was root canal in MA and a crown over it. the tooth was giving him problems and she took the time to really get in and try to alleviate the pain and the root canal that had gone bad. she could not save the tooth (a 3rd molar..way in the back) so she extracted it.

her pricing is approx 1/2 of what we would pay in our area in florida and about 2/3 less than what we'd pay at our previous dentist in ma.

we gave much thought into going to the dentist in aruba. when paul retired from raytheon, the insurance package he got had terrible dental coverage.
    so it became a financial decision..... i looked high and low for a great dentist. i called a couple of dental labs on island and that is how i found out about her! 2 lab techs praised her as if she were the "savior".

i will private message you her email address.
    her office is in Sero Blanco, near the big texaco station up on the hill and near the Setar headquarters.

we'll be going to buccaneer again next week

Quote Originally Posted by bhut View Post
    How do yje prices at the Dentist compare to those in the States? have you been going to the Dentist over there for a long time? Who do you see ? I might have to do that. Thanks for any info you can give me. Bill PS The Lobster Bisc at the Buccaneer is the Best!!

Aruba since 1979
    day 6 wednesday
    where does the time go?

today like the other days, we hung out at the island for 5 hours and did a good amount of snorkeling. the large barracuda that has been giving me the stink eye, actually followed me for quite a while today. we especially love snorkeling right there at the opening in the sea wall. we stay inside the area and do not venture thru the opening, but right there there are loads of fish to be seen.

dentist visit at 4:30 and paul and i both got the "hopi bon........see u in 6 mos"

dinner was at "the kitchen"
    we both had greek salads and split a huge burger.
    delicious!

that is all

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    [QUOTE=Andrea J.;236440]our dentist here in aruba is jundira yraquasin ras.

Thats easy for you to say.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Enjoying your reports Andrea, thanks for taking the time to write.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    enjoying your reports....

Aruba since 1979

Day 7 thursday

Another glorious breezy and sunny day. WOOHOO!

So, this morning as we were packing up to haul our fat sorry bodies to the island, Paul said "to heck with it, i am too tired"

He went back to bed and slept til 9........which is unheard of.
    (disclosure he is taking flexeril for his back......'nuf said)

We spent the better part of the late morning til mid afternoon floating aimlessly about the pool on our noodles. Few bathroom runs and that was about the only time we actually got out of the pool.

Saw (Gary) HuffDaddy and family at the pool and he and his crowd were floating about as well .

We finally met TINO aka Cyclone Promotions. What a charming handsome man he is. OMG is is handsome Sorry to embarrass you tino.

We have seen him here at renaissance over the years but never put 2 and 2 together figuring out that he was "our tino".

Housekeeping here at the Ocean suites has been problematic.
    I hate to whine about something like housekeeping, but in this section of the building lots are having difficulties getting their rooms/units made up in a timely manner or acceptable manner. 4 pm is not really acceptable.

We had requested that our room be made up prior to 2 pm and
    1) it has not happened before 2 yet and then it was a pretty poor job.
    2) 2 days it never got made up.

We have spoken to the manager of housekeeping and to a gentleman that seems to be in charge "brian" and both said to us....."take the do not disturb/privacy please sign off your door". Well, we two village idiots may not be the "sharpest tools in the shed" but not only have not had the Privacy thing on the door, we do not even have one to put on the door.

So, housekeeping is an issue, but tomorrow is another day, so i will be optimistic. Please, someone bring me a face cloth and clean towels

I am in aruba, and if i let housekeeping get under my skin, then i need to chill.

Dinner tonight was at Linda's.
    We left here intending to go to Amadeus, but there was a traffic mess on that road, and we got waylaid a bit.
    Wound up driving past Lindas so we decided we needed a beef sate and tomato soup fix! Ahhh so good.

Linda's son Stefan is doing a fine job with the restaurant and I know she is smiling down from heaven, very proud of her son for doing such a great job.

That is all..........for now.

wish i was still there to bring you some clean towels. what? Linda's and no crepe?

Aruba since 1979
    no crepe at lindas
    have u ever had their chicken or beef sate'
    or their tomato soup?

i do love their bacon and apple crepe.......sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by explorer213 View Post
    wish i was still there to bring you some clean towels. what? Linda's and no crepe?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast