Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Nov 2 - 16. Renaissance Ocean- Andrea and Paul

Aruba since 1979

Wednesday Nov 14

Glorious brilliant sunshiny day!

We spent the morning at Renaissance Island and the mosquitos were plentiful early, but went away pretty quickly. We have been using our OFF.

This afternoon poolside and then met up with forum member TNT-K9.....remember him? He is the man who lives here on Aruba that found the lost wedding ring in the ocean in front of lacabana. We had a pleasant visit, threw down a few beverages and said our goodbyes.

Dinner was at Hung Paradise again.......Lompeia (giant egg roll), general tsao (sp) chicken and shrimp lo mein exceptional food. terrific service.

Lo and behold at Hung Paradise, forum member Arubabob aka KENT was having dinner with his parents. Words to describe the 3 people are charming, gracious and friendly. Nice folks. Lucky Kent.......he is here for 5 months!! wow.

After dinner, we drove over to Olive Tree Funeral home to pay our respects to Bully and family. Very sad to see our friends Bully, Judella, Kevin, Hubert all hurting. It was a very sad scene. We stayed for about 20 minutes, but it was very crowded and we were taking up space for others that needed to be there.
    **** unsure if this is typical of an aruban wake, but.........
    the funeral home was very large and the visitation room had probably 100 or more chairs set up. there had to have been over 100 people there when we left. there was a gentleman playing an acoustic guitar and singing softly and wait staff were serving cups of soup and soft drinks and other finger foods. it was very very nice (albeit sad). everyone felt like a guest, but our hearts were heavy for the loss of their mother
    .**********

(tomorrow is the funeral mass and then they all walk, to the cemetery for a graveside service.)

After the wake, we stopped for an ice cream at Carvel near the wendy's rotary.....2 thumbs down it was a melting mess that was more liquid than ice cream.

1 more full day tomorrow.

Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-15-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Andrea don't you usually stay at La Cabana?

I just got confirmed for an exchange at La Cabana May 25th to June 1st. I may try to get an exchange for May 18 to May 25th. My birthday is on May 20th the BIG ONE!!!

They gave me room number 334F.
    Do you know where that is located?.

On the website map of La Cabana all they show are room number with 200s.

very typical aruban wake. the beauty of the aruba people they respect each other.
    as for kent, one happy guy who lives his life with positive energy, my kind of guy.....

Aruba since 1979
    yes we own a lacabana

we are using interval trades here to the renaissance ocean suites

find room 234f and your room is directly 1 floor up

QUOTE=ace2063;236766]Andrea don't you usually stay at La Cabana?

I just got confirmed for an exchange at La Cabana May 25th to June 1st. I may try to get an exchange for May 18 to May 25th. My birthday is on May 20th the BIG ONE!!!

They gave me room number 334F.
    Do you know where that is located?.

On the website map of La Cabana all they show are room number with 200s.[/QUOTE]

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

Smile

We saw several cigarette butts in the pool last time we stayed at Ren suites but never saw anyone smoking except at the bar.

Aruba since 1979
    thursday nov 15

we will be busy tonight dinner, visiting and packing so this will be my last report.
    i will come back and add in our dinner review.

today clouds on and off and breezy and beautiful.

we did exert ourselves and walked to dunkin, approximately 150 yds from our door

the island again was wonderful, some skeeters and flies, but we generously sprayed repellent and we were golden!
    back here to the ocean suites at 3, ran an errand, packed our timeshare box and it now waits for lou to pick it up (if you are interested in storing your stuff year to year....contact lou bruno at timesharestorage@aol.com very fair pricing and does allow you if you wish to travel with carry on and do not want to pay the high price of checked bags on the plane.)
    in our timeshare box we store: beach bags, snorkel gear, pool noodles, 2 changes of clothes each, a bathing suit each, me- crocs, paul-tevas, a power strip, vodka, rum, shampoo, and a couple of other toiletries. approx 35 lbs.

later!!

what's the big one??????

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Safe travels back home Andrea and Paul. Thanks again for taking the time to post each day, enjoyed reading about your trip. Can't wait to hear who is on your plane coming home

Thank You

Andrea,

Thanks again for the day by day updates and have a safe flight back to the states. Diane and I will be arriving early afternoon on Thursday at the Ren Suites and very excited about soaking up some sun. Starting to get cold nights here in Boston and the timing could not be better. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for all of the great tips which will make trip number three even better.

Dave

Aruba since 1979
    you are welcome!

dinner tonight was at BARNEYS with our dear friends Billstellar (stella) and Sugar (Kathy).

if any of you can donate your time or talent or treasure to the Animal Relief Foundation please contact either one of these nice ladies for information.
    when i tell you they are up to their eyeballs in puppies, i mean it.
    would anyone be interested in fostering?
    contact forum member Billstellar or Sugar for information.

we talked and talked and talked and all enjoyed our meals.
    2 of us had the grouper parmesan(baked grouper with parm cheese served over a bed of stir fried veggies, one had the pork loin and paul had the ribs (rib night is thursday). i had a taste of paul's ribs and they were delicious. Portions are huge.

all of us enjoyed our meals and the service was good and the entertainment was good too......a very good pianist and singer!

we repeated 2x Buccaneer,2x Barneys and 2x Hung Paradise.
    1x LaVista, and 1x the kitchen, 1x Driftwood 1x Lindas. All fine meals. Driftwood was good as was LaVista........neither excellent.
    The others EXCELLENT.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-15-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast