Aruba Beach

Thread: Nov. 6-13th The Pearl Condo Eagle Beach

Nov. 6-13th The Pearl Condo Eagle Beach

This was our first time staying at the Pearl and we really enjoyed it. The condo was very well equipped. It's a smaller condo complex and is about 1 1/2 blocks from Eagle Beach. You can't really see the beach from the units. All the units are 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, two floor units. The bedrooms are upstairs and the living, dining, kitchen are down. It really felt like a home rather than a hotel room. Each unit also had a washer/dryer. We really enjoyed our stay and will go back. There were two pools at the complex (smaller sized pools). The staff came in daily to empty garbage and they replaced towels a couple of times while we were there.

There's a great little restaurant "Zuzuroh" within walking distance of the Pearl. I high recommend it! We ate there twice during our vacation. The prices were very good and the food was excellent. I think they only had about 8 tables, but we never had a problem getting in without a reservation. I don't think it's been open very long. It's an italian-greek taverna according to their menu. The owner was great! Had a variety of items on the menu from pasta, to pizza, to greek salad, burgers, gyros, and dinners like grouper venezia (grouper with tomato, spinach, pesto, mozzarella--we had that and it was excellent), also had veal dishes.

Ate at Yemanja one evening. We liked that dinner very much too. I pretty much eat grouper wherever we go. I had the grouper stuffed with Boursin cheese. It was delicious.

Also ate at Barneys & The Kitchen. Great meals at both those places. Love the almond grouper at Barneys and the grouper sandwich at The Kitchen.

Weather was great all week. Had a few sprinkles of rain one day and that was it. A few mosquitoes were out, but nothing like Wisconsin in summer!

We had a very nice snorkel/lunch sail with Captain Anthony on the Tranquilo. Loved his mascot on board--a Jack Russell Terrier named Buster.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks!!
    how did you go about renting the week long unit at the "pearl"?

we too had grouper 2x at barneys YUM

Quote Originally Posted by Babybeach View Post
    This was our first time staying at the Pearl and we really enjoyed it. The condo was very well equipped. It's a smaller condo complex and is about 1 1/2 blocks from Eagle Beach. You can't really see the beach from the units. All the units are 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, two floor units. The bedrooms are upstairs and the living, dining, kitchen are down. It really felt like a home rather than a hotel room. Each unit also had a washer/dryer. We really enjoyed our stay and will go back. There were two pools at the complex (smaller sized pools). The staff came in daily to empty garbage and they replaced towels a couple of times while we were there.

There's a great little restaurant "Zuzuroh" within walking distance of the Pearl. I high recommend it! We ate there twice during our vacation. The prices were very good and the food was excellent. I think they only had about 8 tables, but we never had a problem getting in without a reservation. I don't think it's been open very long. It's an italian-greek taverna according to their menu. The owner was great! Had a variety of items on the menu from pasta, to pizza, to greek salad, burgers, gyros, and dinners like grouper venezia (grouper with tomato, spinach, pesto, mozzarella--we had that and it was excellent), also had veal dishes.

Ate at Yemanja one evening. We liked that dinner very much too. I pretty much eat grouper wherever we go. I had the grouper stuffed with Boursin cheese. It was delicious.

Also ate at Barneys & The Kitchen. Great meals at both those places. Love the almond grouper at Barneys and the grouper sandwich at The Kitchen.

Weather was great all week. Had a few sprinkles of rain one day and that was it. A few mosquitoes were out, but nothing like Wisconsin in summer!

We had a very nice snorkel/lunch sail with Captain Anthony on the Tranquilo. Loved his mascot on board--a Jack Russell Terrier named Buster.

The Pearl

I contacted the Pearl through their website "arubapearl.com" and asked about rates, etc. Dimitry gave me an even better rate than was posted on the website.