Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Occidental negative review

listen, it don't matter the usa, aruba, or palookaville, someone who offers appreciation will always be looked out for. the sad part, many who stay at all inclusive resorts feel they paid their money and don't leave a dime for any service!
    the employees NEVER ASK FOR ANY COMPENSATION, BUT THEY DO DESERVE SOMETHING FOR THE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!

this maybe off subject, but a true story.
    went to the royal club at the occidental for dinner, when we walked in immediately noticed the 4 other parties eating were not royal club members, now these were the only people in the restaurant, met a few of these people thru the stay and realized all these parties were the same that were complaining about everything, bottom line they knew if they complained the hotel would compensate them.
    i could tell you stories that are so ridiculous.

at the occidental, see johnny, frankie, or javier at the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    listen, it don't matter the usa, aruba, or palookaville, someone who offers appreciation will always be looked out for. the sad part, many who stay at all inclusive resorts feel they paid their money and don't leave a dime for any service!
    the employees NEVER ASK FOR ANY COMPENSATION, BUT THEY DO DESERVE SOMETHING FOR THE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!

did you ever price out a weeks vacation using the AI on their website.?

Yes, I think if I paid that kind of money I would think that tips should be included.

can't really comment on what people pay. my comment is not directly geared towards any particular resort, if you show gratitude for services you will be compensated, that's just a fact..

I will just put my opinion out there--and I DO mean MY opinion.
    I am so sorry you had a bad experience at the Occidental, but I will say that we have been there 7 times (8 this coming Dec.) and we have never had a bad stay or we would not go back. Me, personally, would have talked to the Manager had I gone through what you did. You pay the bucks to enjoy yourself and I would have told him that. On our first stay we didn't get our water replaced in our fridge and asked housekeeping about it. Well after we didn't get any-I went downstairs and talked to the mgr and we got water and never went without again--or any other trip for that matter. I know that is a small thing, but he took care of water, I would only hope he would take care of your problems.
    We don't stay at the beach so I can't answer that, but we always had a spot at the pool. If Johnny does reserve a spot for people, good for him. I know he would never ask for money, but what is a few bucks if you have a certain place on the beach you feel you have to be. Again, he doesn't ask for money but I know he would appreciate it. I do know that when you tip, you get taken care of. Nothing like having your drink ready for you just as you swim up to the pool bar. hahaha
    For me, I can't say enough about this resort and the people that work there. We feel like they are our family and love them all.
    Again, I am sorry you had a bad experience--all I can say is I LOVE IT THERE.
    Hope your next trip is better.
    We will be at the Occidental in December and we just can't wait.
    Pat

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I think the palapa issue is almost everywhere. We've stayed at three different resorts on Eagle Beach and always have had to get up early to get a palapla. I agree that's frustrating, and we don't enjoy it, but we've gotten used to it. I've seen some people get really upset, and rightly so. You shouldn't have to pay good money to go to a nice resort and have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a space. One guy got into an argument with some people who had put towels down to reserve their spot on our last trip. It got really nasty, but it certainly isn't worth ruining a vacation over. We've learned to just go with the flow.

Couldn't the resorts just add the proper amount of palapas needed... One per unit...and unit marked on a little plaque? I watched family's of 6 take 3 palapas... when they should have just used two... one for each unit. Same for parties of 4 renting 1 unit with 2 queen beds.. should just have one.. and use 4 chairs under that one... or take turns... This would stop the dreaded early morning rising ..plus would make a more relaxing vacation... I have no problems with not finding an empty palapa.. but I do have a problem... sitting out in the sun and watching a number of them not being used, with an exception of thier towels, from early morning until 1-2 and even 3pm... My husband had his own solution... if security...did what the little plaque stated... "chairs..can not be left un attended for more than an hour" He stated..if security came by and removed the towels after 2 hrs... when the people came back and realized it would cost them something to do that... price per towel (25.00) they would NEVER do that again.. they'd stay with thier towels,,, on the chair,,,under the palapa. If they were going to leave for the entire day.. they'd safe guard thier towels for sure up in thier room and other's would have use of the usual unoccupied chairs.. that would have set there all day with towels on them.

Aruba since 1979
    The gvt restricts the amount. The problem being private palapas on public beaches.
    A huge ongoing problem.

was curious to know if we could use chairs/palapas that were reserved with peoples stuff-- could we sit there until they came back??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast