Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Oceania trip report....

SO the last 2 afternoons has been beach, pool and floating and not much else. Dinner 2 nights ago was at Ventanas del Mar which is located at Tierra del Sol. This is one of the best locations on the island. Beautiful country club with outdoor veranda seating overlooking the golf course, water and lighthouse. Dinner was fabulous. I had the tuna and the wife had salmon. Both were perfectly cooked. Last night was Yemanja and I had the tenderloin with the truffle butter. OMG... it was delicious and prepared perfectly! Today is our last full day at Oceania before we move over to the Surf Club. Really enjoying ourselves here at Oceania though and not looking forward to the crowds at the Surf Club... but hey... I'm still in Aruba so will be fine. Dinner tonight will be burgers on the grill upstairs on the rooftop with the sunset. Can't wait!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We're living through you
    enjoy

Aruba since 1979
    thanks so much for sharing

enjoy!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    SO the last 2 afternoons has been beach, pool and floating and not much else. Dinner 2 nights ago was at Ventanas del Mar which is located at Tierra del Sol. This is one of the best locations on the island. Beautiful country club with outdoor veranda seating overlooking the golf course, water and lighthouse. Dinner was fabulous. I had the tuna and the wife had salmon. Both were perfectly cooked. Last night was Yemanja and I had the tenderloin with the truffle butter. OMG... it was delicious and prepared perfectly! Today is our last full day at Oceania before we move over to the Surf Club. Really enjoying ourselves here at Oceania though and not looking forward to the crowds at the Surf Club... but hey... I'm still in Aruba so will be fine. Dinner tonight will be burgers on the grill upstairs on the rooftop with the sunset. Can't wait!
    Great trip report! I absolutely love Oceania. If I were to ever buy in Aruba that property would be near the top of my list. We also stayed on the top floor of the Palm building. I think it was Palm 301 or maybe 310 my memory sucks. Loved grilling out up there and late nights in the jacuzzi.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

where would one book a unit such as the one your staying in?

Quote Originally Posted by Happygirl421 View Post
    where would one book a unit such as the one your staying in?

Mark hasn't been back to this thread in a bit but until he returns I'll give it a shot since I've also stayed at Oceania. We rented through VRBO directly from the owner but you can also rent through prestige vacations which I think is what Mark did. http://www.prestigevacationsaruba.co...saruba/oceania. You will want to rent a vehicle if you are staying there as it is a bit away from the bustle.

the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    the public bus stop for the bus up to palm bach/hi rise area is about 100 yards north of Oceania (near suisse chalet)
    the public bus stop for lo rise/downtown area is almost directly across the street from Oceania.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the public bus stop for the bus up to palm bach/hi rise area is about 100 yards north of Oceania (near suisse chalet)
    the public bus stop for lo rise/downtown area is almost directly across the street from Oceania.
    Yes you are right it is right on the bus route. I got caught up in my when I want to go someplace I want to go right now attitude lol. I also haul way too much stuff to the beach and even though Eagle is literally right across the street I usually beach hop quite a bit.

Aruba since 1979
    i have the same attitude. "when i want to go, i want to go now!"
    that is why we always rent a car.
    also too we get a bit stir crazy at times and just like to jump in the car and GO....(anywhere)

We did take the bus a couple of times.. first time the driver gave us a history tour of the island since the bus was almost empty..
    But next time we will think about getting a car..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123