Aruba Beach

Thread: ok i am back from aruba, heres the details

Senior Member johnyraz@live.com's Avatar
    el gocho texas de brasil madame jeanettes

ok i am back from aruba, heres the details

Hello everyone! I just got back from my 2 week trip to aruba, it stinks to be back to boston, but whatever! Theres always next year. Heres how my trip went-

Food- Actually this year i ate out less because i have been everywhere pretty much in the past, we did our only cooking and made alot of sandwiches, i ate at smokey joes which was good. Texas di Brasil which was good. Blossoms which had good chinese food but the sushi was just ok. Hooters which actually has awesome grilled cheese. Other then these places i didnt eat out too much, and believe it or not the best food item i had was a steak sub from the food trailor across the street from mambo jumbos, its open at night and you need to get russian dressing on it.

Bars- I drank way too much this trip i would say for someone would doesnt like beer i must of had 45 amstel brights and 30 balashis, god only knows how many jack and cokes i had. Sopranos is always a good time depending on whos performing, Senoir Frogs was insane Halloween night and on weekends and slow during the week. I went to Champions only 1 time and it was ok. Mumbo jumbos is a fun spot always, i drank soo much the 1st week that i cant even name all the bars i went too, but i had fun.

Economy- I will say this year it was the slowest i have ever seen the island, and i come the same week every year. Some locals said that they are somewhat taking a hit because of the american economy.

Weather- it was fine a little rain in the mornings on a few days but great for the most part

beaches- lacabanas eagle beach was in great shape, the high rises were ok, the rui's beach on thursday acutally was a little dirty, i now know that manchebo beach is a somewhat of a topless beach which i found out by accident, the water there is amazing.

activities- I did the kuku kanukoo for the 4th time, which i give an A-, I did the tattoo boat for the 1st time which i give a C+, I rented ATV's on 2 days, the first day me and my cousin went all over the island and it was beautiful, the only problem was there a alot of wild dogs running around and some actually attack, i had to escape from about 16 of them at one point (no joke), they chased me for 10 mins, also St. Nicholas is a pretty interesting place, u should be street smart if you go there, because there are some interesting characters that roam the area downtown in st. Nicholas . The second time i rented the ATV i had my girlfriend on with me and WOW, we flipped off the thing and got hurt bad, but we are ok now. Those things are dangerous so always take caution when driving like an idiot. I also did the palm island day tour with the snorkeling and water slides, it was really cool i give it an A.

La cabana- once again, i like to walk around other resorts and check out the pools, bars and what not. And i must say that La Cabana is still hands down the funnest most lively resort for all ages, and the entertainment every night is awesome. The staff could be a little better, the veteran employees are awesome, some of the new people have no clue on what service is, everyone says "yes" to everything even if you ask them what time it is, i dont like that. La cabana management should make some moves or retrain there workers, like i said though, some of them are amazing, and they have great bands and music people at night.

transportaion- Like i said the ATVs are fun but dangerous, I took buses to a lot of places, there were 7 of us at one point on the trip, next year i will rent a car

all around i give my trip an A, 1st week i drank and partied a little too much, the second week when my honey came it was very enjoyable, i didnt go for too many fancy dinners because i did that in years past, for my girl it was her first time and now she wants to go again in febuary, but thats too soon for me, and i gained 5 pounds.
    Last edited by johnyraz@live.com; 11-09-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for posting your report
    your drinking the balashi and amstels i am sure helped the aruba economy
    we too have had steak at the place that you mentioned and it is excellent. does the place have a name? i never noticed even a sign.
    andrea

Senior Member johnyraz@live.com's Avatar
    el gocho texas de brasil madame jeanettes
    i dont know, i just know its a red trailer type of thing

Thanks for the details.

Glad you had a great time.