Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: One week at the Occidental

One week at the Occidental

Our flights to and from Aruba were good. We didn't have a direct flight this trip, and I hated that. Going to Aruba we went thru Charlotte with about an hour lay-over. We had these wonderful seats out of Charlotte that were like a recliner at home, and I must say, this was the first time I actually went to sleep on a plane. Then when we arrived in Aruba what a GREAT start to our week was seeing Bully's big and sweet smile. It is such a pleasure to be around this man. I just can't say enough about him and I am so proud to be able to call him my friend! Also we were able to meet his good looking son when he picked us up to go back to the airport. Bully is always on time, and he always helps us get a wheelchair for my hubby. We didn't have any problems going thru customs/immigration. Our flight from Aruba went thru DC (5 hours) then we had about a 2 hour lay-over and then on to Texas (3 hours) Now THAT was a long day!!
    Another HIGH spot of my vacation, was that we got to meet Andrea and Paul. We only got to see them for a few minutes, but it was so worth the few minutes we had. Such good people, and can't wait to spend more time with them.
    As I sit here having coffee and my last stroopwaffel I am still sad. We only went for a week this time, but as always had a wonderful time. I just don't think that one week is enough time. It seems like you are just getting into the "swing of things" and then you have to come home.
    We did have some rain this time. We have gone to Aruba in December before, but it didn't rain as much during the day as it did this time. It really didn't matter, what a place to be EVEN in the rain. I just sat there wondering why we can't get that weather in Texas. There was only one day that it rained ALL day, that was on Sunday so we just watched football. Hubby was happy. We always had a nice wind and it was around 85 ish every day.
    We stayed in a timeshare this time. We had a 2 bedroom, living room, kitchen and 3 bathrooms. Well, this was too much for just the two of us, but it was very nice. We normally stay in the Royal Club, and I really missed the people there. We did get to go up and see all of our "family" there, so all wasn't lost. We did do the AI which was $95.00 each a day. The people in the Vacation Club were all very nice. Evette was the lady that helped us and was very helpful.
    For those that go to the Occidental, I do have sad news. Lynn Richardson (from the Palm) was killed in an auto wreck. She had worked late and maybe fell asleep (not sure about that) and she was hit head on. She was around 40 ish and had 3 children. So very sad. Again the employees we able to see the family and they set off the blue and white balloons from the parking lot. All these employees are such a close-knit "family" and they miss her so much.
    All in all it was a wonderful trip, and I miss Aruba so much. We met so many nice people and as always it was great to see our Aruba "family"

Hope this wasn't too long.

See you in May, Aruba
    Pat

Aruba since 1979
    we were sad that we could not spend lots of time with you both.
    the may dates are 4 - 18.

thanks for posting your aruba story.

ould you tell me if there was a big difference between being in the time share compared to the Royal Club?

are the rooms different?

do you get different foods?

Well the timeshare was bigger because it was actually 3 rooms. Now if you compare just one of the rooms--they are are same as the other "hotel" rooms. The food is the same EXCEPT in the Royal Club you also have a restaurant on the 9th floor AND you also get room service. The food in the Royal Club is good. I enjoyed the timeshare, because one day I wasn't feeling well and it was so nice to be able to have room to move around in. Not just "stuck" in bed. It had a little living room/kitchen as well. BUT I would have LOVED someone bring me some soup so I could eat. So you just have to decide for yourself. I would def. use the timeshare again if we can, but will use it a week and then use the Royal Club a week as well. I won't be hurt if we can't rent the timeshare. LOL
    I hope this helps some. If you have any other questions, please ask.
    Can't wait to get back--May can't come soon enough.
    Pat

We own at the Aruba vacation club is Aruba and when we were there this past september we were wondering about upgrading our membership to the Royal club.

We have a one bedroom unit== not just a hotel room. I too like to spread out some.

I guess not-(not worth it I meant) thanks for your reply.

I thought the royal people got better quality food/ drinks etc.

when you read trip advisors many people state to upgrade because its better.

hmmm- that was bizzare on how it was posted.

I asked if you rent your stays?
    Last edited by serene56; 12-28-2011 at 04:08 PM.

When you say one bedroom unit, is that with the kitchen? That would be nice. We had 2 bedrooms and the kitchen/living room. Very nice.
    The Royal Club Rest. is nice and it's quiet. I do enjoy the food there. We always eat breakfast there. They DO have top shelf drinks, but then I think all the drinks are good at all the bars. That wouldn't make or break my choice of the Royal Club and Vacation Club. All I can tell you is that I love the Royal Club and all the people that work there, so TO ME, it is worth staying in the Royal Club. We do not own a timeshare, we have some friends that let us stay in their unit because they couldn't make the trip. Just for US, if I did purchase a timeshare, I would buy in the Royal Club. But again, that is just how WE feel.
    Pat

the royal club will cost us 12,000 to add it.

Our one bedroom has a hotel unit on one side and the kitchen living room on the other-- two full baths. two balconies.

with a two bedroom do you get three balconies?

--
    so the royal club food includes breakfast too? hmmm.

with this vacation club I can use any Allegro/Occidental site. (taking a cruise next month and we can use the one in Cozumel for an AI for 25.00 for the day.

if you dont mind-- what will the $$ difference be if you booked a regular hotel room vs a royal club room?

dont they have their own floors?

Yes the 2 bedrooms had 3 balconies and 3 bathrooms. I did LOVE that.

Yes the Royal club has breakfast, lunch and dinner. We normally eat both breakfast AND lunches there.

I really don't know the difference in prices, sorry. The Royal club is on the 7th, 8th and 9th floor in tower 1.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Pat

I dont know what tower is what.

We had a room facing the radisson on the 8th floor. (although we did face the radisson- when sitting out on the balcony the view was amazing.

When she first gave us the room I was kinda disappointed becuase I thought I would want a pool view. But after that room-- I think i want that all the time.

two full baths was great. Joe used one and I used the other.

I really enjoyed the burgers from the Beach Club went there three days for lunch- then I saw the little yellow birds hopping all over the buffet food-- sheesh did that make me ill---

Aruba since 1979
    isn't it wonderful having his and her baths!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I dont know what tower is what.

We had a room facing the radisson on the 8th floor. (although we did face the radisson- when sitting out on the balcony the view was amazing.

When she first gave us the room I was kinda disappointed becuase I thought I would want a pool view. But after that room-- I think i want that all the time.

two full baths was great. Joe used one and I used the other.

I really enjoyed the burgers from the Beach Club went there three days for lunch- then I saw the little yellow birds hopping all over the buffet food-- sheesh did that make me ill---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast