Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ongoing trip report aug 7 - 21

Out of curiosity, can you give us any reasons why we should stay there at CDM?

If memory serves me correctly we did not like the issue of having to walk across the street and through the rest of the resort to get to the beach from the Presidential units?

Obviously it wouldn't be an issue if you are a "pool person", but for us to go to Aruba and not go to the beach we may as well stay home, but that is just us.

Aruba since 1979
    it is the Ambassador units that are across the street......near pizza bobs.
    the presidential suites are in the main complex and those are nice.

reasons to stay at the cdm...........if it were the presidential suites i would stay there, not the ambassador.
    reasons to stay at cdm......the beach is marvelous. it has reciprocity with aruba beach club so one can use the abc pool, has a good restaurant "matthews", is aruba.

i found the front desk staff indifferent.
    i found the housekeeping supervisor unprofessional.
    the maintenance man was very nice and helpful in fixing an air conditioning leak.

the pool at the ambassador units is poorly maintained.

Hi Andrea, finally got a chance to sit down and read the posts today properly. My daughter is sick unfortunately and the poor thing is miserable, and as a result, so am I. Dad seems to sleep fine through the coughing and crying..hmmm..how can he not hear her?
    Anyways, THANK YOU so much for checking about the cribs, that's great that they are actual cribs. I am not going to worry about the stroller and just bring my umbrella stroller. I was concerned as the canopy on it was very small but I bought an extension sunshade that attaches on and is great. The only thing is, it's kind of flimsy so will blow in the wind.
    I don't want you to do anything else for anyone on this vacation but have fun. I think sometimes I forget that you are a retiree there to enjoy your vacation and assume it's ok to get you to do things for me, even small things. It's not fair and I apologize.
    No more small favors.
    The front desk staff, are they the same at the presidential and ambassador units?
    I can't believe how unprofessional the housekeeping supervisor is! Wow! That's unbelievable. It's funny that people can think that demeaning others makes them look better but in fact, it makes them look like fools. I hate rude people. It's not what you say but often HOW YOU SAY IT.
    Are the pools in the ambassador and presidential different? This is the same pool that an earlier poster complained about right? About a month ago? I had thought that was cleared up.
    If the pools are better at ABC, then perhaps we will hang there. Although, we will likely be at the kiddy pool most of the time.
    Maya also needs her nap in the afternoon so that will be nap time and hiding from the heat time for "Mummy" too.

Aruba since 1979
    the ambassador pool is located at the ambassador suites. it is a small pool maybe 12x28
    3' to about 5'. it is poorly maintained. they stick the vacuum in daily let it run for 2 hrs every morning, it draws the water into the hose, thru the vacuum filter cartridges and that is what they call "filtering". we only entered that pool 1x and there was no filtration going, no water coming out the returns. a few of the owners told us that they were disgusted with the maintenance of that pool.

the other pool by the presidential suites is passable. there is a guy, a real big guy that works very slowly and does a fair job at cleaning the pool at the presidential units.

remember where i am coming from.........i ran a commercial intercollegiate size pool for the better part of 35 yrs.....so i do know my pools and water chemistry and do not tolerate laziness or ineptness when cleanliness and disinfecting is so important.

hope your daughter is feeling better.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Hey Andrea -- Love your new picture! Nice tan! :-)

Aruba since 1979
    omg windy
    i was very tan before we got here (living in FLA now and spending 2 hrs or more in the pool daily)

my ritual here and at home i spray myself down in the morning b4 i put on my bathing suit with SPF50.
    then repeat the process a few times throughout the day...........but i am in the water so much it does little good. yesterday i did wear a tee shirt and a ball cap while in the ocean.

i looked in the mirror this morning and my face actually looked dirty.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "Is the room clean now at least?"
    ---- Guess there is always a off week for housekeeping but have stayed at the Ambassador units for a week for a long time before moving over to the main building for a second week. In our many trips around the world have always found CDM as nice as any in that $$$ range.
    Last few years have always got first class tickets on either United out of Dulles or US Air out of BWI(go with the cheapest). Both have always provided meals and drinks. With US Air usually have a drink while waiting for plane to fill. Guess won't try to see if others better.
    In June for 2 weeks beach at CDM was great. Very sandy. No rocks. A couple of days there were some waves but just have to go out past where they brake. Not a pool person just the beach. Many huts open. Would not stay any other place as hear about hut probems up on Palm Beach.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 08-16-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    there has not been a problem finding a shade hut here at cdm/abc either poolside or on the beach.
    the water is rock/coral free and there is not a hint of seaweed.
    i too have found that the presidential units/area as nice as any good place on this island.
    a friend, just informed me that the head housekeeping supervsor was "off" for the past few weeks, so the fill in supervisor must have been the one that had such poor public relation skills/one the put me on the spot and belittled our housekeeper.

the air tran flight i was on, upgraded to first class is a discount carrier and provides no meals apparently on flights shorter than 3.5 hrs. we have flown 1st on usair and aa from boston and their are meals and plenty of alcoholic and soft beverages for all.

Smile Ambassador, CDM

Sorry you had such prblems at CDM but it is not the usual. We have been staying at the Ambassador for 20 years and at Presidential. We always have dish soap, toaster, can opener and a hair dryer with no problems. The rooms are always very clean and usualy maint doesn't start until 9 so I don't know why they were at your room so early. I hope those that have never stayed with CDm don't think this is how things are as it is usually a wonderful, clean and great place to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i just got back from the front desk at cdm.
    they gave me no information on strollers but said they had regular cribs.
    i advise you to call them and ask for the front desk manager.

my situation with cdm cleanliness of our unit, cleanliness or lack thereof of the pool out by the ambassador (1 bdrms) units, rude front desk staff, cheapness of not providing soap, dish detergent, coffee filters, hair dryers, can openers, toasters. we eventuaally did get a can opener and a toaster but we had to beg. and in this day and age providing no hand or bathsoap or shampoo in the bathroom is just plain cheap and they wanted to rent me a hairdryer........cheap cheap cheap.

the housekeeping supervisor, ms witch, chewed out our housekeeper in front of us which was inappropriate.
    i would never stay in the ambassador units again, but friends of ours in the presidential (2bdrms) love it and have no issues.

you will not have these issues in the presidential suites.
    cdm treats interval exchange folks in the ambassador suites like dirt. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    a friend, just informed me that the head housekeeping supervsor was "off" for the past few weeks, so the fill in supervisor must have been the one that had such poor public relation skills/one the put me on the spot and belittled our housekeeper.
    Still no excuse for the resort! As they say, "not my problem". Meaning you are there as a paying guest and do not need or deserve to be treated that way. Never mind the poor employee.

Sorry, but in my mind if it were just one issue, maybe you get a "pass", however from what you have detailed this was obviously not the case. ...and knowing you personally, not to say you have bad taste , but you were not expecting the RITZ and are not difficult and are indeed, easy to please.

Have you had any rain? I see it is yet again, another, as my dear old Dad would say, "Pray for a cloud" kind of day in Aruba.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast