Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ongoing trip report aug 7 - 21

Aruba Beach Club Casa del Mar Costa Linda
    Hey Andrea, Glad to see you're checking out my neck of the woods!

Enjoy your time there for as I'm sure you know, it goes by too fast (unfortunately.)

Never have we ever experienced any of the issues you've spoken about in your first few days at CDM. We have stayed at both Ambassador and Presidential units and alway found them to be well above our expectations (of course I am a little subjective here.)

However, of course everything can't be spectacular all the time so when we have had problems in the past, we've found that the management (not the front desk manager or floor supervisors - I'm talking about the GM or Asst. GM of the resort) really do care about our concerns. They want everyone to enjoy their time there and have made swift, sincere attempts to have them resolved to our satisfaction.

amarg: contact me for any information you need about CDM and I'll be glad to help you out.

Enjoy the rest of your time while you're there Andrea and don't worry about us back home!

p.s. I found your comment about the Dentist most intriquing and would like to find out more (when you have the time.)

p.p.s. I hope the donations start coming your way soon!

Aruba since 1979
    hi abccdmowner

private msg me for dentist details

i understand all resorts can have issues and bad days.
    spectacular would have been terrific............mediocre would have been acceptable too.

Aruba since 1979
    Today.........Aug 16 Monday.
    Today was another.......OMGosh i wish it was cloudy days. (per lisa's dad)
    Our activities today included rolling out of our lounges and falling into the waves.
    Dinner is warming........ a multitude of leftovers from the last couple of days ;-)
    Hot, humid and quite breezy.
    Another visit to Amsterdam Manor Bulletin board happy hour and it was paul, sherry, murray and me.

Aruba since 1979
    weather delightful
    light breezes but not enough to cool things much
    blazing sun
    spent the better part of the day in the water.

on our way to madam j's tonight we were near the right hand turn to go down MJs street.
    we were stopped in traffic and a lady slammed into the back of our car.

we had our seatbelts buckled.

we lurched forward and then back. we did not hit the car in front of us as i was a good distance away.

both cars had considerable damage ours was all bashed in the back, trunk crushed and lid open...the tupperware bumper was no more.
    the lady's car was bashed in the front end and had a flat tire.
    she appeared ok, but was crying and praying and saying she was sorry.
    i felt bad for her.

i called 911 no answer
    i called hans of tropic and the number we had was WRONG.
    i called sherry and cried for help, she got in touch with hans and gave him our location.
    i called chris at MJs and he called cops and then came to hang out with us.

police came, chris went back to work, hans came, police turned it over to traffic rescue patrol and they took statements and photos and copies of our licenses.

hans was a perfect gentleman, i am glad i do not have his job.
    he was calm cool and collected.

after a while all was done, hans got us another rental (he is so nice) and we drove over to madam janette's where we were a bit shaky.
    they gave me ice for my neck.

we sat had iced tea and they brought us a scallop appetizer YUM.
    we sat some more and decided to eat light.
    i had a ceasar salad and paul had a piece of grouper.........no potatoes, no green spinach stuff nothing but fish and salad.

they gave us sorbet for dessert which we ate........

we are now lazing around, me with ice.

and the good news is neither of us had upset stomachs today hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thank God you are both okay. Cars can be repaired.
    Sorry your dinner was ruined, I know how much you were looking forward to it.
    I hope you are able to reschedule for another night.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Oh wow, you've had such an adventure on this trip! I'm glad you are both ok. If you're still looking for a place for Dec. I just got an email that there's an oceanfront available at CDM, but I doubt you'd want to go there again. It just posted on redweek. Hope you have an enjoyable, peaceful, healthy rest of the week.

wow!!! so glad you're ok, Andrea!! what a shame. I really hope you don't have any of the "day after" pain usually associated with mva's. I can't believe there was no answer at 911!!

Hi Andrea......hope every thing is O.K. with you & your husband, next time you need the police you have to dial the number 100. Did you drive a toyota Yaris plate number V-1762, I thing I saw the picture of the car on awe24.com.

Aruba since 1979
    yes bully that is our car rental.

hatteras......YES we would stay at CDM again, not the ambassador tough. please pm the information

we are stiff this morning not sore.
    thanks for the well wishes

Oh boy Andrea! Feel better NOW & enjoy the rest of your paradise time please
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast