Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ongoing trip report aug 7 - 21

Welcome home!!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    same to you amy
    loved your photos and daily updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Welcome home!!!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Welcome home! Hard to get back to reality, but coming home to the puppies always helps!

Aruba since 1979
    u bethcha windy.
    3 days prior to our aruba trip, our beloved "callie", an aruban calico kitten died :-(
    she was 15 wks old.
    she was a rescue kitty and had a multitude of health problems from the get go, ranging from an antibiotic resistant uti, hydrocephalsis and a form of cerebral palsy.
    so, with broken hearts we let her go to heaven.......................
    then we had to put our dog in a brand new kennel for 2 weeks........
    then we got to aruba and fought a stomach bug for 10 days.........
    then we were in the car accident...............

the crying room at the airport never felt so good!

we should NOT have gone.
    we needed time to stay here and mourn.
    we needed to regroup.
    but we went, and when we were feeling well we had a blast.

our friends on island were of great company and comfort.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Oh, Andrea, our pets give us so much love, and then break our hearts when it's time to go. I'm so sorry about Callie, but she had so much love from you you in her short life that she wouldn't have had without you. Yes, your trip was filled with some unfortunate events, but concentrate on those wonderful days you did have. I think next time you go, I should get down there and dog-sit for you!!!! :-)

Aruba since 1979
    i will hold you to that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Oh, Andrea, our pets give us so much love, and then break our hearts when it's time to go. I'm so sorry about Callie, but she had so much love from you you in her short life that she wouldn't have had without you. Yes, your trip was filled with some unfortunate events, but concentrate on those wonderful days you did have. I think next time you go, I should get down there and dog-sit for you!!!! :-)

OK, you're on!!!!!!

Welcome back Andrea,

Glad to see that you were able to have an uneventful finale...
    Also looks like a good ending with Hans and the insurance stuff.

an exchange

andrea and i decided it would be fun to switch forums for a post since we both are moderators at different forums. hers can be read on the bb. visitaruba.com forum. as usual we had a blast together and hope to do it soon again.

During our second week on Aruba we (Murray, Andrea, Paul, me) were lucky enough to be invited out with Ommi, the owner of Cook’s Restaurant for a day on Reef Island which is on the other side of the mangroves of Ren Island. However, as we waited sweating in the heat (hottest August we ever had there) there was a problem with the transportation. That changed our plans and Ommi decided we needed a tour of the island. Having thought that we knew the island very well, we were amazed to realize what we hadn’t seen before as we drove around.

First we went to Rogers Beach then to the dive shop area between Rogers and Baby Beach where there is a new bar/restaurant to sit down for a drink. Well, it turned out to be more than one and add one for the road for each of us (Ommi, as the driver, only had a few small Balashis). Then off past the pet cemetery and on to the unpaved back way into Arikok National Park. The first part of the tour took us thru the Dutch Military’s firing range. We got to be close up and personal with some very bullet riddled rusty old cars and kept on waiting to see the red lights (where were they???) that would warn if target practice was starting.

Then off to the windmills. I don’t think any of us had ever been that close to a windmill. Standing at the base one of us took pictures.

Then came the best part of this tour. It’s been a long time since we tried to navigate the park. We never really got too far because a Yaris is not meant for off roading. However, now there is a paved road going thru the park and we took advantage of it. What a wonderful tour. The beauty of the park left us almost speechless other than comments like OMG! As we approached the end of the tour, we stopped for burgers at Urataka Center. They serve Amazing Dutch style burgers. The next time we take this tour we are going to get the pizza. We have been told by at least a dozen locals that it is the best pizza on the island.

The day was truly one of the best we ever spent on the island. We can’t wait to do it again.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting sherry!!
    it was a blast and a very memorable adventure.

and sherry, welcome to the forum.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast