Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our 8th Aruba Trip

Our flight out of Newark was at 8:30A.M.. We went to the airport around 5:30 ( I know it sounds early, but I rather be there then in traffic and long lines) and check in was a breeze. We were done with luggage, checking in and security by 6:15 and then went and had breakfast, shopped for magazines,etc. They starting boarding the plane at 7:45. Leaving Aruba was easy too. KTS picked us up at the hotel and they told us the time to be ready.

Lindon,

thanks, although I never have been a HAPPY early riser, my husband will also insist on us being there by 5:30 am, we are on that same 8:30 flight. I guess I could rest my eyes during flying time. I have never had to go inside to check in, is that , how can I say , Difficult ?
    It sounds like we have the same flight schedules, we leave Aruba at 3:00, so how soon before did they pick you up ?

Kath2ME
    Check in was not difficult at EWR. We printed the boarding passes out the night before at home and then just had to check in the luggage. They were very helpful at the airport and then security was quick. In Aruba we left the Radisson at 11:30 because that was the time KTS picked us up. We had some time to shop for liquor and eat lunch before boarding our flight.

Lindon, small world, what part of NJ to you live in ?

We live in southern Bergen County. It took us about 20 minutes to get to the airport.

walking to restaurants

We are thinking about going to Aruba in the spring for the first time. I was wondering if a lot of the restaurants are in walking distance. If not what type of transportation is available. The Radison would be one of the hotels we are considering.

There are many restaurants in walking distance of the Radisson. Across the street from the Radisson there are several ranging from Italian to Smokey Joe's Ribs. Also, when we go to some of the others that are further out a taxi usually costs us about $10 each way. There are 5 of us sharing the taxi so I think that is pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by lindon View Post
    We live in southern Bergen County. It took us about 20 minutes to get to the airport.
    Lindon, we must be nieghbors, i also live in Bergen County, Exit 160 off the Pkwy.

Tippett125,
    Only transportation I know of is Cab or Rent Car, there are alot of restaurants close by the Hotel ( Radisson ) I myself will only be going to Aruba the 1st in Nov. Post around, you'll find alot of help on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by tippett125 View Post
    We are thinking about going to Aruba in the spring for the first time. I was wondering if a lot of the restaurants are in walking distance. If not what type of transportation is available. The Radison would be one of the hotels we are considering.
    Along Palm Beach, on which the Radisson is located, there are a good number of restaurants http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/googlemap.html

Taxis are also relatively inexpensive as well.
    http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html
    Fares are per fare, not per person.

Kathy
    It is a small world. We are exit 153 off the parkway!
    Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Lindon, we must be nieghbors, i also live in Bergen County, Exit 160 off the Pkwy.

Tippett125,
    Only transportation I know of is Cab or Rent Car, there are alot of restaurants close by the Hotel ( Radisson ) I myself will only be going to Aruba the 1st in Nov. Post around, you'll find alot of help on this forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast