Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Our silver honeymoon trip

Our silver honeymoon trip

As requested I'll post some impressions of our trip.

Day one
    We started with a Lufthansa Business Flight to Newark. It was realy nice and comfortable.
    After arrival we spent some time in a big shopping mal to fight against the jetlag. After a small snack at an IHOPs (not so nice) we fell asleep.

Day two
    Early up heading to the Airport. Went to the United Lounge and thought weve been in a refrigerator. It was awfully cold. My wife took both of our jackets and I got the sniffles for the first days on the island. Catering inside the lounge was very disappointing. Compared with this we felt in a 5 star hotel the day before in the Lufthansa Lounge.
    Flight departed on time, great! But the United Business Class in medium haul is like a time travel 15 years back. Poor seating without even a footrest, no entertainment and only a cut down supply of drinks. But the flight attendend was nice, and we arrived a bit earlier at Aruba YEAH!

After waiting for at least 1 hour at the passport control, Bully was waiting for us at the exit. He welcomed us like being known for years simply gorgeous!!! On the way to the hotel he gave us a quick overview for newbies. It was the best start one could think about.

Check in at the Amsterdam was quick and convenient.
    Our honeymoon suit (L1) was fantastic. Quick fresh up and up to the Pool Bar, because our team already started the match against Brazil. Im sure you know what happened, and after we put out our german flag we were known for the rest of our stay :-))). Peter feeded us with cold Balashi and we had a really good time.
    Spent the evening at the Mangos.

Excited to read more! Sounds like arriving in Aruba was the best part of the trip so far!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Day three
    After a funny breakfast with Juan we met Lissy Lampe to speak about final details for our ceremony at the beach. She conveys a good feeling of a well organized small and private event, and she is a very kind person.

Then we went to the beach.
    Wow…, fantastic. Time for some totally relaxing hours :-).
    Susanne thought that it was a bit unusual for her to keep her top, because in Europe topless on most beaches is practised. But not a big problem if a girl wears tiny beach wear at all ;-).
    During lunch time we had a break with very tasty snacks and cocktails at the beach.
    We’ve had the dinner at the Passions. It was impressive, because we’ve never visited a real beach restaurant.

Our silver honeymoon trip-p1100789_.jpg Our silver honeymoon trip-p1100837_.jpg
    Last edited by Volker63; 07-24-2014 at 03:45 PM. Reason: add some impressions

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for sharing.

Thanks for posting, I'm eager to read more. American domestic and international flights (the group of them, not AA) are so far behind the times in air travel it's laughable. Give me a good European or Asian airline anytime. Asiana is just one that blows away the US carriers.

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed!
    my son flies "asiana" a couple of times a year to singapore and the far east for business and he says it is a joy to be on!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Thanks for posting, I'm eager to read more. American domestic and international flights (the group of them, not AA) are so far behind the times in air travel it's laughable. Give me a good European or Asian airline anytime. Asiana is just one that blows away the US carriers.

Day four

As a result of our time shift I was up early. I took my camera and shoot some really good photos at the deserted shore.
    Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0268_.jpg Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0278_.jpg

In the morning we had some relaxing hours at the beach.

At noon Bully was waiting to bring us to the High Rise area where we met Captain Jethro to have a wonderful sail cruise with some snorkeling at the Octopus.
    Being back at the Amsterdam we decided to attend once again the beautiful sunset at Eagle Beach.
    In the evening we had a lot of fun with our in-room Jacuzzi ;-).

Day five

Nothing more to say than total relaxation at the beach, enjoing the perfect service of our beach bar crew. Nice cocktails, yummy snacks and ice cold towels served at each beach chair.

Day six

Today is OUR day :-).
    But unfortunately it started with grey sky and heavy rain showers.
    At breakfast we got a serenade from Juan and, mainly, his female colleague, table fireworks and champagne. It was really nice getting this little extra attention at this morning.
    Juan soothed us regarding the weather. “Don’t worry, the sun will be up at one”. What shall I say… sun was coming up at one and the weather changed to bright sunny blue sky :-)))!!!
    In the late afternoon my beloved wife turned herself into a breathtaking silver bride. Lissy and her team were already waiting and we started taking some nice shoots at the pool and Hotel area. The crowd around had a lot of fun :-). Slowly we changed the location to the shore. We shivered because of the perfect moment. We soaked up each and every moment of the ceremony which was highlighted by the sand unity. Lissys assistant took our video cam and catched these moments in moving pictures which was not especially arranged. We thank her lot for this additional service!!!
    The sunset was perfect for taking lots of photos out- and inside the water. Our honeymoon dinner at the Passions was very atmospheric. We finished this perfect day with Peter at pool bar. He had some fun serving Susanne some of his very special cocktail creations ;-).
    Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0037_.jpg Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0108_.jpg Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0154_.jpg
    Last edited by Volker63; 07-24-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Volker63 View Post
    Day four

As a result of our time shift I was early up. I took my camera a shoot some really good photos at the deserted shore.

In the morning we had some relaxing hours at the beach.

At noon Bully was waiting to bring us to the High Rise area where we met Captain Jethro to have a wonderful sail cruise with some snorkeling at the Octopus.
    Being back at the Amsterdam we decided to attend once again the beautiful sunset at Eagle Beach.
    In the evening wehad a lot of fun with our in room Jacuzzi ;-).

Day five

Nothing more to say than total relaxation at the beach, enjoing the perfect service of our beach bar crew. Nice cocktails, yummy snacks and ice cold towels served at each beach chair.

Day six

Today is OUR day :-).
    But unfortunately it started with grey sky and heavy rain showers.
    At breakfast we got a serenade from Juan and, mainly, his female colleague, table fireworks and champagne. It was really nice getting this little extra attention at this morning.
    Juan soothed us regarding the weather. “Don’t worry, the sun will be up at one”. What shall I say… sun was coming up at one and the weather changed to bright sunny blue sky :-)))!!!
    In the late afternoon my beloved wife turned herself into a breathtaking silver bride. Lissy and her team were already waiting and we started taking some nice shoots at the pool and Hotel area. The crowd around had a lot of fun :-). Slowly we changed the location to the shore. We shivered because of the perfect moment. We soaked up each and every moment of the ceremony which was highlighted by the sand unity. Lissys assistant took our video cam and catched these moments in moving pictures which was not especially arranged. We thank her lot for this additional service!!!
    The sunset was perfect for taking lots of photos out- and inside the water. Our honeymoon dinner at the Passions was very atmospheric. We finished this perfect day with Peter at pool bar. He had some fun serving Susanne some of his very special cocktail creations ;-).

Sounds perfect!! Congrats!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Enjoying your reports!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast