Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Our silver honeymoon trip

Day seven
    As a result of Peters cocktails Susanne had a little hangover in the morning ;-).
    But we enjoyed our in room honeymoon champagne breakfast which was brought by Juan.
    We had a nice relaxing time at the beach up to 3 pm. Then we went to the Pool Bar where Peter was waiting with cold Balashi. We put out our german flag for the final match and Peter tried to fix it behind the bar . A lot of guests from the Netherlands were also around. As some may know Germany and Netherland have an everlasting friendly rivalry in football, but this time everyone crossed the fingers for our team. You know what happened! We saw a very good match, lost a lot of nervs and in the end... WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
    We looked around (and above) who had the hands on this perfect trip, because this was another topping.
    We spent the time to watch how the team got the massive golden trophy and me some more Balashi ;-).
    As went to the beach for sunset with our flag on the back a lot of people greeted us all around the street and beach, unbelievable.
    Our silver honeymoon trip-p1110028_.jpgOur silver honeymoon trip-p1110031_.jpg

Day eight
    Todays’s our private Island Jeep Tour. The guy from Royal was perfectly on time. So we could start immediately after breakfast to Oranjestad. We did some shopping, made a ride with the tram and looked for some souvenirs.
    With the snorkeling gear packed we drove to north direction and stopped at California Lighthouse. We also tried to find the conchi wich cost us a lot of time, but we could use the 4WD at it’s best. Finally we found it, but the track was a real challenge. Ended up at Baby Beach, we found this location totally overvalued. We would never recommend anyone this spot. It’s not worth the way. Way back was boring because it was late and we took the direct way on the main road.
    Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0383_.jpg

Regarding the quality of the Jeep, honestly, I was disappointed. We ordered the category "New Jeep". What we got was a vehicle with lots of small damages. The drivers door flipped over every time it was opened and we were in fear the wiring loom to the door electrics would be completely torn out. The tyres looked very worn and the car body was littered with scratches and bumps. Okay we had no restrictions in the use, but it was not the car we could use for our planned photo shootings.
    I told this to the guy from Royal but he answered that this is the "NEW" category car and it is far better than the "regular" category. Uuuuh... I don't want to see the regular ones . If you rent a car only one day there is no time for big discussions, so I accepted it.
    Last edited by Volker63; 07-25-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Very impressed Susanne wore those heels on the beach! Somehow I missed the vow renewal pictures the first time around. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Volker63 View Post
    Day six

Today is OUR day :-).
    But unfortunately it started with grey sky and heavy rain showers.
    At breakfast we got a serenade from Juan and, mainly, his female colleague, table fireworks and champagne. It was really nice getting this little extra attention at this morning.
    Juan soothed us regarding the weather. Dont worry, the sun will be up at one. What shall I say sun was coming up at one and the weather changed to bright sunny blue sky :-)))!!!
    In the late afternoon my beloved wife turned herself into a breathtaking silver bride. Lissy and her team were already waiting and we started taking some nice shoots at the pool and Hotel area. The crowd around had a lot of fun :-). Slowly we changed the location to the shore. We shivered because of the perfect moment. We soaked up each and every moment of the ceremony which was highlighted by the sand unity. Lissys assistant took our video cam and catched these moments in moving pictures which was not especially arranged. We thank her lot for this additional service!!!
    The sunset was perfect for taking lots of photos out- and inside the water. Our honeymoon dinner at the Passions was very atmospheric. We finished this perfect day with Peter at pool bar. He had some fun serving Susanne some of his very special cocktail creations ;-).
    Attachment 3114 Attachment 3115 Attachment 3116
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Lovely story! Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing, Volker63!

I had to smile when you mentioned it "felt like in a refrigerator" when you were at Newark airport! LOL Here in the US you will find many places where it's that cold during summer time, in airports, restaurants, malls etc that people start feeling chilly and need almost a jacket after a while.

And the topless part: I think it's very common in Europe, especially for Germans, Austrians and Spaniards to go topless. I have seen some topless women in Aruba as well, but it's rather the exception. I believe, Aruba is more family oriented and a big part might be, that Arubans are very religious (catholic). I have even seen signs at churches in Aruba, requesting women to dress appropriately in church (not to show too much cleavage).

But your wife looked lovely in her bikini and that way, you were able to share pictures with us.

Glad you both had such a wonderful honeymoon! And thanks again for sharing your stories and pictures with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Very impressed Susanne wore those heels on the beach! Somehow I missed the vow renewal pictures the first time around. Very nice.
    Oh yes, she's able to wear incredible high heels. But sometimes she felt like an alien, because she was the only one wearing high heels in the hotel at night.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Lovely story! Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing, Volker63! ...
    Thanks .

I had to smile when you mentioned it "felt like in a refrigerator" when you were at Newark airport! LOL Here in the US you will find many places where it's that cold during summer time, in airports, restaurants, malls etc that people start feeling chilly and need almost a jacket after a while.
    Yep, that's it.
    I never understood why the A/C has to be adjusted to 18C when there are 30C outside.

And the topless part: I think it's very common in Europe, especially for Germans, Austrians and Spaniards to go topless. I have seen some topless women in Aruba as well, but it's rather the exception. I believe, Aruba is more family oriented and a big part might be, that Arubans are very religious (catholic). I have even seen signs at churches in Aruba, requesting women to dress appropriately in church (not to show too much cleavage).
    But your wife looked lovely in her bikini and that way, you were able to share pictures with us.
    Maybe you're right. But e.g. Spain is also very catholic and beaches during school holidays are full with families but no one cares if the women are topless. It's very common so no one has a special notice on it. We think it's more a kind of moral what's behind it.
    But anyhow, no problem for her. I enjoyed it, because it's a rare occasion to see Susanne with a full bikini .

CK1
    Oh yes, she's able to wear incredible high heels. But sometimes she felt like an alien, because she was the only one wearing high heels in the hotel at night.
    Luckily, casual clothes are fine, I personally don't like high heels anymore.

But I have seen locals and tourists all dressed up, ladies in very high heels during fundraising events in the (former) Westin hotel etc. Or during "Miss Aruba" competitions. Or during Carnival!!! Walking and dancing the streets of Aruba in those very high heels in their fantastic colorful costumes, during the day when it's HOT, HOT, HOT and at night, during the Tivoli's Lighting Parade.

Maybe another reason to come back to Aruba!

CK1
    Thanks .

Yep, that's it.
    I never understood why the A/C has to be adjusted to 18C when there are 30C outside.

Maybe you're right. But e.g. Spain is also very catholic and beaches during school holidays are full with families but no one cares if the women are topless. It's very common so no one has a special notice on it. We think it's more a kind of moral what's behind it.
    But anyhow, no problem for her. I enjoyed it, because it's a rare occasion to see Susanne with a full bikini .
    Hahaha!

You are right about Spain. Maybe because it's closer to Germany and more tourists from Germany go to Spain. I believe, 70% of Aruba's tourists are from USA and topless is not common here.

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    Awesome trip! Happy 25th to you! My wife and I are down right now for our 4th. We were married on the beach here July 28, 2010 and have been back every years since for our anniversary. The weather got a little stormy last night late, but by the time breakfast was over the sun was out and it's great.

Day nine
    We enjoyed a relaxed day at the beach.
    Susanne wore her 2014 anniversary bikini which she got from her favourite Australian manufacturer, and we took some nice shoots in and outside the water.
    Our silver honeymoon trip-p1110094_.jpg

In the afternoon we picked up a bottle of ice cooled champagne and clinked glasses to my birthday.
    Our silver honeymoon trip-p1110226_.jpg

It was simply beautiful.
    In the evening we joined the Mexican Show at the Mango’s.

At night we must say “Good bye” to Peter. Because Wednesday is his day off this was our last chance to have a final drink together.

Day ten
    Our last day. Like yesterday we spent it completely at the beach. In the afternoon we took a last long beach walk to the south area.
    Last evening at the Mango’s and we have to say good bye to the restaurant team.

Day eleven
    When we took a last photo with Juan he don’t want to say good bye to us, just say “bye until November” .

Things were packed and we checked out .
    Bully was exactly on time!
    Procedures at the airport without huge waiting time except U.S. Passport control. Once again fingerprints were scanned and we felt like potential criminals.
    Finally we have to learn that even if you have a Business Class ticket there is no Lounge access. Poor.
    But the flight was on time and we don’t want to gripe.
    We reached our hotel at the Wall Street at 9:30pm had some drinks at the bar and fall asleep.
    Our silver honeymoon trip-s1690001_.jpg

Day twelve
    Early up, quick refresh, coffee to go. We went to the heli port for our Helicopter flight.
    The weather was fantastic! Blue sky, no clouds. The flight was the best thing we could do in that short time.
    Very impressive to see the big apple from birds view.
    Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0569_.jpg Our silver honeymoon trip-dsc_0584_.jpg
    We used our last hours to visit ground zero and I rembered the moment when I saw the WTC last time in the news.
    Way back to the airport and check in without trouble. Then we learned how powerless one is, if one is security checked by an overzealous officer . He don’t want to accept that our unity sand ceremony glass cylinder just contains sand. So he scans it once, twice, thrice, fourth put liquids on it and try to find whats not there. Every time with negative result. But he don’t want to believe it. We pleased him to scan the container only upright because of the sand layers, but he laughed on us and finally he scanned it horizontally. Susanne was shortly before to explode. Finally a colleague told him that it is enough now. That was extremely annoying!

Being in the Lufthansa Lounge we felt again shock frosted. So the low temperatures seems to be typical for this area and not a problem of a single airline.
    Flight back was comfortable and nice, and in the morning we were back were we came from.
    Last edited by Volker63; 07-28-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    sounds like your stay in aruba was glorious!
    wonderful

when is your next visit?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast