• 4 Post By SimonaV
  • 1 Post By crimms
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By burghboy
  • 3 Post By danadog56
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Our slice of Paradise!

Our slice of Paradise!

We are enjoying our house in Aruba sooo much that I rarely find time to post Of course we also work work work in Canada and then we come back for a week in Aruba Recharge and go!
    I find people in Aruba very laid back and happy!It took me 5 visits back to truly sit and enjoy a cold Balashi…..coming from Toronto ,I was always checking my watch or my phone or iPad……but now I can tell you that the cactus in my back yard grew an inchI started to …..just enjoy…..because after all this is what it's about!!We are 5 minutes walking distance to the northern shore and do you know how magic it is to see the waves crushing on rocks and feeling the salt on our lips?!The scenery is out of this world!!
    We have enjoyed great fish at "the old fisherman's " and also at Driftwood but we also had great steaks on our BBQ….
    We had our share of problems with the house: piping,roofing and landscaping but we are totally in love with it!!
    When we are not in Aruba we do rent our house !With a bit more work and luck we can buy our second property and we're really looking to see if we can make our move !!
    Counting the days…….to our next visit !!November 1st 2014!!
    Cheers to all,
    S

Sounds wonderful!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    are you planning on residing year round in aruba?
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonaV View Post
    We are enjoying our house in Aruba sooo much that I rarely find time to post Of course we also work work work in Canada and then we come back for a week in Aruba Recharge and go!
    I find people in Aruba very laid back and happy!It took me 5 visits back to truly sit and enjoy a cold Balashi…..coming from Toronto ,I was always checking my watch or my phone or iPad……but now I can tell you that the cactus in my back yard grew an inchI started to …..just enjoy…..because after all this is what it's about!!We are 5 minutes walking distance to the northern shore and do you know how magic it is to see the waves crushing on rocks and feeling the salt on our lips?!The scenery is out of this world!!
    We have enjoyed great fish at "the old fisherman's " and also at Driftwood but we also had great steaks on our BBQ….
    We had our share of problems with the house: piping,roofing and landscaping but we are totally in love with it!!
    When we are not in Aruba we do rent our house !With a bit more work and luck we can buy our second property and we're really looking to see if we can make our move !!
    Counting the days…….to our next visit !!November 1st 2014!!
    Cheers to all,
    S

Great to hear a happy story instead of all this Ebola stuff! Guess Aruba is " one happy island" after all. Looking forward to next visit December 7th.

Sean ans Susan

Hi Andrea J.
    We would like to move to Aruba! There are some things we need to look into first and foremost: schools! our son is 4 and we need to make sure he is going to be ok with changing the environment…after that we need to try it out for at least a full year.
    Some people say we won't make it a full year because of different things like the weather and the fact that the island is too smallwe came for the perfect weather as for the size of the island …..hmm it is about the same size as Pickering(we live 25 km outside of Toronto in the suburbs) and I am never bored .
    How about you? Do you live on the island?
    Cheers
    S

Aruba since 1979
    i recommed you stay for a month or 2 and get the feel.
    many many love it and many get itchy to move on to bigger and more differing lifestyle.
    TRY IT for a few months.

Nope, my husband and I are transplanted in Florida via Mass.
    We love the warm weather living and the bank acct did not allow us to live in Aruba.
    But, still dreaming of it

Quote Originally Posted by SimonaV View Post
    Hi Andrea J.
    We would like to move to Aruba! There are some things we need to look into first and foremost: schools! our son is 4 and we need to make sure he is going to be ok with changing the environment…after that we need to try it out for at least a full year.
    Some people say we won't make it a full year because of different things like the weather and the fact that the island is too smallwe came for the perfect weather as for the size of the island …..hmm it is about the same size as Pickering(we live 25 km outside of Toronto in the suburbs) and I am never bored .
    How about you? Do you live on the island?
    Cheers
    S

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Love the north shore scenery. I can't really imagine being that close to paradise. I love spending most of my time in the Palm Beach area but when it comes to relaxation the North Shore gets my vote.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

I am so glad you have learned to just relax and enjoy "island time"....I get so frustrated when we go out to eat and hear folks complaining about how slow everything is....geez, you're on vacation, where are you rushing to ??? They need to post a big sign as people leave the airport....YOU ARE NOW LEAVING RUSH TIME AND ENTERING ISLAND TIME,,,,SLOW DOWN, RELAX AND UNPLUG !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    I am so glad you have learned to just relax and enjoy "island time"....I get so frustrated when we go out to eat and hear folks complaining about how slow everything is....geez, you're on vacation, where are you rushing to ??? They need to post a big sign as people leave the airport....YOU ARE NOW LEAVING RUSH TIME AND ENTERING ISLAND TIME,,,,SLOW DOWN, RELAX AND UNPLUG !!!!

I totally agree!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ