Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Our trip 8/5 - 8/15

  1. #1
    Senior Member KATH2ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Radisson, Gilligans
    Posts
    975

    Our trip 8/5 - 8/15

    Let me first say,, weather was just beautiful,, from the moment our friend Bully picked us up , till the sad day we left.. Well day 1 upon arrival, we were tired,, got to Radisson,, unpacked some, however, was very anxious to get down to the pool,, so we went down, had a bite to eat at Gilligans, couple of Bulashis, and than dips in pool, I believe we were there till about 7,, than went up and went to bed early,, basically we slept in a little every morning, we had rented a Cabana the whole time there, so that was a PLUS. knowing we knew we had a place and never had to worry about the next day,, OMG people lining up at 2:45 to get good spot , that reservations didn't start till 4,, My friends that had also joined us, would go over every day at 4:30 - 5:00 and just settled on a back papala,, they would join us at Happy Hour .. Anyway, let me get to food,, 2nd nite Casa Tua - good, 3rd - Windows.. Excellent ,,( we had orginally planned this for husbands birthday in may,, but he had heart surgery , so we put off till August ) Anyway, Sonia and staff at Windows went above and beyond for his birthday, it was nice of them. 4 nite: friends went to Passions, they felt it was just so so, not as thrilled as the 1st time we all went.. Husband and I went to Bloosoms, we really enjoyed.. 5 nite, friends went to Papimento's , love, loved it. Husband and i just ate late late lunch, so we weren't that hungry, 6 nite, LG smiths,, was enjoyable, but wouldn't go again. 7 nite . Casa Tua again,, we all just wanted pizza,, we were all tired, bed early... 8 nite. Giannia..we all thought was great, loved the girl playing the fiddle, she was excellent. 9 nite , again friends went to papimento again, they loved again.. we went to that place JH Lings.. anyway, above hard Rock, was ok, won't go back .. 10 nite.. Hostaria Tratoria ( across from Hyatt ),, was excellent,, we all loved it...Def. will go back.. Because of my MS,, need to use a scooter,, took lots of rides on the walkway behind the radisson,, one day we ( friend walked ) went down to divi phoeniz.. still feel Radisson was the nicest.. next day we walked down to Holiday inn,, Hyatt nice, we did stop and i intoduced myself as a fellow forum member to Scott from scott brats, he introduced his wife,, we had a beer and we went on our way. I feel llike i missed a few things here and there, but we had a great time,, in pool everyday till around 6,, but after a full belly , a few cocktails, i think we were in bed and asleep everynite, by like 10:30.. We meant some wonderful people and made a few friends, we've already been in Facebook touch with them .. August is very crowded,, need reservations for dining.. If i should think of more, I will write again

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,920
    thanks for sharing your story.
    since it is mostly restaurant related, how about copying it and posting it in the culinary section too?

    did you make reservations at all/some of the restaurants?

    scott's wife (scott's brats) is forum member luvsun.

    glad that you 2 had a good time

  3. #3
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Glad you had a nice time.... thanks for sharing!

  4. #4
    Senior Member KATH2ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Radisson, Gilligans
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for sharing your story.
    since it is mostly restaurant related, how about copying it and posting it in the culinary section too?

    did you make reservations at all/some of the restaurants?

    scott's wife (scott's brats) is forum member luvsun.

    glad that you 2 had a good time
    DONE - posted there also ,, Luvsun, asked me if i was a lurker or do i write,, i said , NO , I write--

  5. #5
    Senior Member KATH2ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Radisson, Gilligans
    Posts
    975
    Andrea,
    I did mostly have reservations,, but never thought Casa Tua,, was packed everynite,, we had to wait like 20 mins to get a table.. If i didn't have a reservation after that, I had concierge make , was never a problem.. i highly suggest around that time, make reservations

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,920
    it is always a good idea to make reservations, no matter the time of year!
    many people believe that summer is slow season.
    summer is actually quite busy on aruba
    is sometime in May your "usual time?"

    we have found that the quietest times on aruba are month of May (except soul fest weekend), day after labor day til weekend before thanksgiving, weekend after thanksgiving til the weekend before christmas. summer..........is a busy time.........folks from all over the world visit aruba on their summer holiday PLUS the aruban kids are out of school (they've been back in school week now) and many aruban families head to the resorts for their vacations too!

    Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Andrea,
    I did mostly have reservations,, but never thought Casa Tua,, was packed everynite,, we had to wait like 20 mins to get a table.. If i didn't have a reservation after that, I had concierge make , was never a problem.. i highly suggest around that time, make reservations
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-22-2013 at 08:47 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Gosh what a quick trip That means our trip must be right around the corner? Well almost right?

    Great to hear you had a wonderful trip! You two deserve it. Pictures???

    What tower at the Radisson did you end up in ???

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,675
    Time to start planning for the next trip. Glad you had fun!

  9. #9
    Senior Member KATH2ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Radisson, Gilligans
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Gosh what a quick trip That means our trip must be right around the corner? Well almost right?

    Great to hear you had a wonderful trip! You two deserve it. Pictures???

    What tower at the Radisson did you end up in ???

    Yes, Lisa,, your trip will be her b4 u know it,, and what a merry christmas it will be

    We had a excellent time,, i"m telling you, My DH could be the Promoter for Radisson, he was like a chatter box , talking to everyone, I never seen him to be so happy,, maybe with all that his mind and body went thru. he deserved it.. Sorry, no pics, my friend took some , waiting for her to sent to me, when i get, i"ll post ( or try to anyway )

    we stayed in the Curacao Bldg..3rd floor, facing the gardens

  10. #10
    Senior Member KATH2ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Radisson, Gilligans
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is always a good idea to make reservations, no matter the time of year!
    many people believe that summer is slow season.
    summer is actually quite busy on aruba
    is sometime in May your "usual time?"

    we have found that the quietest times on aruba are month of May (except soul fest weekend), day after labor day til weekend before thanksgiving, weekend after thanksgiving til the weekend before christmas. summer..........is a busy time.........folks from all over the world visit aruba on their summer holiday PLUS the aruban kids are out of school (they've been back in school week now) and many aruban families head to the resorts for their vacations too!
    Andrea, don't think been there in May,, however in 2014, we are in the midst of planning 6/5 - ?? Any major happenings in June , you know of ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO