Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Our trip 8/5 - 8/15

Aruba since 1979
    I will check re: special events.
    did you ever consider visiting the street festival in San Nicholas ?
    early June is a medium busy time

Early June is one of our favorites !!! Most kids are not out of school yet. We have found ourselves to be surrounded by newlyweds though Evidently there are still a lot of June brides out there

I know you considered this before this latest trip. Will you stay at the Radisson again or somewhere else for a change of pace?

And Bully was able to accommodate your scooter? No problems with Labco?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Early June is one of our favorites !!! Most kids are not out of school yet. We have found ourselves to be surrounded by newlyweds though Evidently there are still a lot of June brides out there

I know you considered this before this latest trip. Will you stay at the Radisson again or somewhere else for a change of pace?

And Bully was able to accommodate your scooter? No problems with Labco?
    lisa, I am still in the not sure mode, orginally i was feeling 5/5 - 5/15 would be a nice change and i still might..
    Radisson for sure again.. Never asked Bully to take my scooter,, Radisson lent us a wheelchair,, which was great for those resturants.. As far as Labco,, never again,, i rented 2 scooters for the 10 days and 1 walker.. 1st the scooter broke down 4 times, once when i was on it, in the middle of the street.. Being my husband really felt the need to walk, like across the street, he didn't want to use it, plus in the room,,was to cramming, so most of the time left by bellman,, One night on our way to blossoms, broke down, had to have husband go back get his scooter for me and Silvio came down with Radisson truck and pick up the dead scooter,, thank god,, husband gave him a nice tip ..Labco claimed that it was the fuses .. nice scooters, but very poor maintance,, next time will get one elsewhere.. My fault, i thought the walker would be like the one i have at home, with 2 wheels, but this had no wheels, was really useless to me

Aruba since 1979
    That is the first negative I've heard re: labco. Such an inconvenience.
    Are there any other wheelchair scooter renters there?

My Thumbs up and down

THUMBS UP :: We rented our phone from Fast Phones,, excellent,, Charles brought the phone to me in hotel lobby, ( a few day prior , i rec'd email what my phone # would be, while there ) Was so very nice to meet and chat with story/snippet man himself.. The phone was great to have at all times, if i needed to contact Bully,, or being I left my 22 DD home with dog,, was comforting to know if she had any emergency she could call me,, or me to call her,( because i missed her ).

THUMBS DOWN:: As a handicapped person who uses a scooter,, there is simply not enough on and off ramps , shame on Aruba for that,, Crossing the street from lets say corner past Giannis , ramp,, they even built a section in middle of road to get across to lets say ( soprano's ) but you can't get up , u have to ride partly in street, till u get to a driveway to get up,,I found that on alot of my scooter journey's, the best way was to scope out, where you were going to cross and where you were going to have to go to get back up

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    That is the first negative I've heard re: labco. Such an inconvenience.
    Are there any other wheelchair scooter renters there?
    Andrea, I have rented from Labco for 5 years, never had these kind of problems,, one of the fellows in maintance, when we meant him by the pool to take our 3rd broke down scooter, he felt they just weren't being maintained the way they need to be.. so who knows, as i said, i would have been the 1st to recomment them to anyone,, but not now.. I was told by the manager and a bellman at the radisson, don't get labco next time, they can get me from from elsewhere, when i have that info i will pass on.. I think the one thing that bothered me the most, was never a apology,, instead, it would be r u sure u didn't do this or do that.

WOW! I am shocked about Labco! You were one of their biggest cheerleaders and the reason why we used them for our medical device rental.

The other company I am aware of, and I believe they are fairly new, is http://www.arubadisabledservice.com/ They have a variety of walkers. My grandmother had the one with the seat and basket They also rent 3 and 4 wheel scooters.

thanks Lisa,, that is who i will use next trip

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    We had a excellent time,, i"m telling you, My DH could be the Promoter for Radisson, he was like a chatter box , talking to everyone, I never seen him to be so happy,, maybe with all that his mind and body went thru. he deserved it..
    Last night I was thinking about what you wrote. Aruba IS good for the soul isn't it?

Yes it is, Lisa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12