Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Our trip - September 30 - October 22

Went down to the beach on Sunday for awhile. The day was overcast but the sun came out for a short time late afternoon. The waves were pounding too hard for me to get in but I couldn't believe all the people that took their kids in! Once you got past the breaking point it looked pretty calm but you could see the swells building and I'm sure there was an undertow. They don't put a red flag up for the heck of it! The kids were having fun but I think the only way my kid would get in would be if I had a rope tied around them,lol! Only saw one palapa that didn't make it at lacabana so all in all, not too bad. Came up and watched a little football, caught up on some much needed rest and decided to just get pizza Bob's for dinner and hit the glitz for a small deposit. In my previous post, I mentioned that Tropic gave up on us Friday night. I didn't mean to imply anything negative about them (DH thought it sounded negative). I don't blame them with the weather the way it was and they delivered our car to the resort at 10:30 the next morning.They are great to rent from and even come and pick up the car in between our 3 weeks, wash it and bring it back. I would highly recommend them. Going to spent the day at the beach today (Monday) and hope to be able to get in that beautiful blue water. Once you get in, you know vacation has begun. Will post later today so until then....

Enjoy your day at the beach..hoping you have blue skies and a calm beach....
    don't forget to try the food truck. Believe it is close today.
    Bob's pizza---yummy.

Thanks for clarifying on Tropic. I totally understood what you meant, but I can see how others could take it as a negative. Hopefully all the rough stuff is behind you and you can enjoy the next few weeks of R&R & Sunny Skies!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Enjoy your day at the beach..hoping you have blue skies and a calm beach....
    don't forget to try the food truck. Believe it is close today.
    Bob's pizza---yummy.
    I am definitely getting to that food truck that I have heard so many good things about. Any recommendations?

I liked the fish, rice & veggie the best. Don't just put the hot sauce on the side cause it is HOT !!!!
    The pork chops were yummy too. But all the food was good with huge portions... we usually got two different plates and my husband and I split the two.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChris n Bob View Post
    I am definitely getting to that food truck that I have heard so many good things about. Any recommendations?

Aruba since 1979
    i understood about tropic also. a great company, great customer service.

again, thanks for sharing. where for dinner tonight? (my mind is always on food)
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChris n Bob View Post
    Re Food Truck - it is a decent cheap meal, somewhat difficult to order if you don't know what you are doing. Their peanut sauce is fantastic. Our group didn't care for the garlic sauce that everyone seems to rave about (it's in a big white dressing bottle and you put it on yourself). Watch out for their hot sauce as it is very very hot! You have to ask them about the sauces on the counter as they are not marked. The meals are generous at only $7 each, and consist of chopped up chicken, steak, pork or fish, served over rice with a side of fries and small salad. The best one we had, and I would recommend, is the chicken with peanut sauce.

The truck (it's a trailer really), is parked in the lot right across from PBV, It is closed Sunday and Monday, and seems to open around 12, until they sell out. Hope you enjoy!

Aruba since 1979
    does this particular food truck/trailer have a name?

paul and i will probably partake at least once , when we are there in november.

We were told its called Mama's truck. Its not near Pizza bobs though. It is a white trailer that is parked in same spot all the time. They grille the food right in front of you. Our tip: bring a couple cold beers with you. You can share a picnic table with other or just sit on the rocks. its right on the beach so it is a scenic spot to have a lunch. cash only! We love the sides that come with it.
    Sean and Susan

Aruba since 1979
    thanks...i was wondering if it was indeed MAMA's.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast