Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Our trip - September 30 - October 22

The pictures I've seen are unbelievable. I'm glad you guys have a few weeks to enjoy. Hopefully the water will calm down for you soon so you can enjoy the rest of your time. I love the sound of crashing waves too. It's so relaxing and powerful at the same time.

Wow. The pictures are enough! I can't imagine actually being there and seeing it all.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thank you. All the restaurants on my goto list this year will be closed due to the storm damage.

Aruba since 1979
    which restaurants are those?
    Quote Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
    Thank you. All the restaurants on my goto list this year will be closed due to the storm damage.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Mathews, Bugloe and Pelican Pier. We will be there for three weeks so hopefully they will be back in working order. I haven't heard about Passions. How did they do. Have reservations there next Friday.

Aruba since 1979
    oh boy

i wonder about "barefoot" too.
    madame janettes had quite a bit of water too.
    i dont know about "passions".
    maybe aruba amy can answer that question.
    Mathews, Bugloe and Pelican Pier. We will be there for three weeks so hopefully they will be back in working order. I haven't heard about Passions. How did they do. Have reservations there next Friday.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

You delay and your flight down to Aruba made my experience back in early September look really tame. I can't imagine all the ups and downs as the aircraft flew around Matthew to get you into Aruba. Hopefully you appreciated the view of Aruba at night as you made your way in for landing. It must have seemed weird seeing the airport so quiet, still, deserted and void of life, except for the arriving passengers, immigration officers, customs etc. The fact that you will be staying for three weeks pretty much overrides the one day that you missed due to the delay flying out of Miami. Enjoy yourselves on the everyone's One Happy Island.

I haven't heard about Passions. How did they do. Have reservations there next Friday.
    Passions was open for business Saturday night - just no front row seating.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh boy

i wonder about "barefoot" too.
    madame janettes had quite a bit of water too.
    i dont know about "passions".
    maybe aruba amy can answer that question.

I've also been wondering about Barefoot, and also how Pinchos and West Deck made out. Does anyone know?

I think I last left off on Tuesday and nothing exciting going on. Stayed in for dinner and just hung out. Wednesday was another rough day at the beach so it was a pool day again. Left early and hit the grocery store and took a ride down to see if we could help with the starfish but either we couldn't find them or they found a way to get them back out to sea. Went to tangos for dinner and saw some of our beach friends there for the early bird special. I think it was their first time and they really enjoyed it. DH had the local special which was chorizo sausage and blood sausage for an appetizer, 6 oz filet mignon wrapped in bacon and chocolate cake for desert, all for $40.00. I had the filet mignon and all entrees come with house potatoes and steamed mixed veggies. So everyone had a delicious tender steak and mine (most expensive) was very tough. I found one decent size piece out of it that was good but that was it. This is one of our favorite restaurants that is usually delicious so it was a disappointment but we'll give it another chance. Went to the Hyatt and then Alhambra and came home with most of our money, no big wins.

So Thursday I had decided that I couldn't take one more day at the pool and was hoping the water was better. DH went down to get our palapa and came back to report we are back to normal! The beach was all cleaned up and when I looked out over the water it was a calm beautiful turquoise again. There is a lot of coral and shells that came up on shore but nothing terrible and nothing much in the water. Not clear as usual but that is ok with me as long as I could get in. Stayed in again tonight and watching some football. Hoping the AZ Cardinals decide to actually play tonight. Our thoughts and prayers to all in the path of hurricane Mathew. Stay safe and until tomorrow.......

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast