Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Our Week at the Renaissance

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    I am so sorry to read about your experience at Pelican's Nest, especially since I have highly recommended the place. We have always had great service there,and never had issues with running a tab or moving around. We have become friends with one of the bartenders there over the last few years. I asked him about the service charge on our most recent trip because I had read some of the reviews on another site, and he told us that they only receive 1% of the 15% charge there. This does NOT justify aggressive behavior. I am disappointed that you were treated that way and hope that it was just an off day.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing your hard earned vacation with us.

the wait staff at the pelican nest has no right to be rude.
    you were most kind giving more than the already added in 15%

enjoy your grandchild!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox824 View Post
    I forgot to mention I could not find a duffle bag large enough to bring the chairs home and donated them to a man who lives in Aruba but is actually from NH. I may dig out one of my old sea bags and bring it next year with chairs, snorkel gear and other items and just pay the extra bag fee. I hated to leave them but the cost was like taking a long taxi ride. My suggestion is for the beach hoppers to try to get those fold up chairs and place in large duffle bag. There seems to be no way to store in Aruba and finding large duffel bags in Aruba is nearly impossible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123