Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Paradise Trip Report

Paradise Trip Report

I have not posted trip reports in the past. This is our 8th year at PBV and decided to share this year.
    The Jet Blue flight from Boston on Saturday was smooth and on time. Short and fast lines at the airport and right into our rental car. Took the back route to avoid downtown and didn't get lost so that was a great start! First stop at Lings and then to PBV. They stored our frozen and cold groceries for us while we went to the bar to wait for our room. It was Happy hour so we were still working on our drinks when the call came that the room was ready. New bartender joined the staff and either he makes stronger drinks or we were more tired than we thought. By time we started unpacking we needed to sit and eat and clear our heads! Don't ask where I put away a few things!?! One particular item really was out of place!
    Just relaxed Sunday at the pool & beach. Monday more of the same with a ride out to Pam Pam to eat. Wow, great food, large portions and very reasonable prices. They have a $10 and $15 dinner menu. The place is very nicely decorated too. The other place we grabbed food at was the small fresh sandwich shop on the lobby of PBV. $3 for a sub sandwich. Choices are limited. I had the chicken salad with tomato & lettuce on toasted whole wheat and it was very good.
    Last night enjoyed the free rum punch party and steel drum music while grilling our cowboy steaks on the grill.
    Today is still unplanned.
    Best part of being here is reuniting with our timeshare buddies.

Thanks for the trip report. We have been waiting for 8 years! Only kidding.
    Enjoy your trip.
    Sean ans Susan

Vacation is off to a good start! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Nice report. Can't wait to get there and enjoy it too. We leave tomorrow.

Sounds like a great start, your first day reminds me of some of ours. I usually wait till the morning of our first full day to unpack for that very reason. Enjoy your trip!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Today was relaxing, how could it not be? Sunny and warm with a breeze. Stayed in for breakfast, husband cooked.
    Took a trip to the orphanage for the little ones. I bought a set of pink butterfly pillowcases I made and a bag of handmade blankets and bibs. The location is right after the bridge and water plant. They were very friendly and only one worker spoke some English but we were able to communicate ok with her. They were very pleases with the bedding etc. I asked what their needs were. They left for a moment then returned with a worn pillowcase and bed sheet. "These!" They asked me to take a sheet with me for a pattern and to assure the right size. It looks narrower than a twin but as long but it's hard to say. I'll measure when I can and pass on the info so others can donate since we don't return for a year. I think shipping sheets will be expensive. But I will make some and pillowcases for next year.
    As we left a worker from DePalm Island was walking up the road and we asked if he needed a ride. He didn't speak English but understood after some gestures and sign language. We drove him downtown and had several laughs while trying to drive the back roads to avoid the backup downtown. Turns out he lives in a home down a side road across from the cruise ships. I attempted to tell him we might see him Monday on De Palm Island. Don't know if he got that. But he left with a smile!
    Grilled dinner here than spent a few minutes at the Glitz and won $5. Time to wander back.

Nice report!
    Pam Pam? gotta try it.
    How is Paradise Beach Villas?
    My very first trip to Aruba with my 2 brothers and Mother 20 years ago we stayed at PBV.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    Today was relaxing, how could it not be? Sunny and warm with a breeze. Stayed in for breakfast, husband cooked.
    Took a trip to the orphanage for the little ones. I bought a set of pink butterfly pillowcases I made and a bag of handmade blankets and bibs. The location is right after the bridge and water plant. They were very friendly and only one worker spoke some English but we were able to communicate ok with her. They were very pleases with the bedding etc. I asked what their needs were. They left for a moment then returned with a worn pillowcase and bed sheet. "These!" They asked me to take a sheet with me for a pattern and to assure the right size. It looks narrower than a twin but as long but it's hard to say. I'll measure when I can and pass on the info so others can donate since we don't return for a year. I think shipping sheets will be expensive. But I will make some and pillowcases for next year.
    As we left a worker from DePalm Island was walking up the road and we asked if he needed a ride. He didn't speak English but understood after some gestures and sign language. We drove him downtown and had several laughs while trying to drive the back roads to avoid the backup downtown. Turns out he lives in a home down a side road across from the cruise ships. I attempted to tell him we might see him Monday on De Palm Island. Don't know if he got that. But he left with a smile!
    Grilled dinner here than spent a few minutes at the Glitz and won $5. Time to wander back.
    i think your trip report is VERY important given the orphanage visit. If they need supplies, I'd really like to know what to bring so we can help.

Aruba since 1979
    Thank you Gramdee for your "aruba story"

it is so great to know that the orphanage is in need of sheets.
    yes, please pass the info along.

your gift to aruba's children is priceless
    we are honored to have you as part of our community forum

pay it forward!!

enjoy your stay and be on the lookout for andy tomorrow

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast