Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Paradise Trip Report

Aruba since 1979
    i wonder if the sheets are for "youth beds"?

Gramdee thanks so much for sharing and for being a good advocate for the baby bird!

Las ramblas gets some great reviews!

I hope the storm does not mess up folks' plans

Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    Falling behind on the reports, too much effort to get up and leave the pool or beach! Lots of reading time last two days.
    Also took part of a watch created by owners here . We had a baby bird fall from a nest near the pool. He hopped to pool and fell in twice and was scooped out both times. For two days we observed his mom coming down to feed him bugs and tiny lizards. He slept at the base of the palm then took off with mom on day three. He was called Norton and had about a dozen "watchers" to keep him from drowning in the pool.
    We did go to Palm Beach and to Moombas for a crab wrap for lunch on Wednesday. Nice lunch and did some people watching down there. Had dinner in front of La Cabana at Los Ramblas ?, did I get that right? It was fine. We had intended to eat at Mangos but the sewage smell there was strong that night. What a shame. Is it effecting Passions too? We didn't wander down there.
    For those interested I haven't measured the sheet but showed it to Gertie our Concierge. She said it was not a twin and not sold here on the island. I guess it's a bunk size. Thinking that flat twin size would work.
    I hope that eastern coastal storm doesn't delay or cancell flights for Aruba bound people this weekend!

Oh man maybe instead of La Cabana I will change my exchange request to Aruba Beach Club or Casa Del Mar..Me no need no stinky resort!

Aruba since 1979
    maybe ~~amy~~ or arubalisa could comment re: if they noticed any smell at amsterdam manor.
    or cindy or rob could comment about lacabana re: a smell.

it is very infrequent

we have stayed at lacabana many many times and the smell has bothered us only 3 or 4 times and not for the entire stay.

this ast time in November, it was prevalent for 2 days , but the other days we were in that area, there was no stink.

see what others have to say first

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Oh man maybe instead of La Cabana I will change my exchange request to Aruba Beach Club or Casa Del Mar..Me no need no stinky resort!

oK. I stood at la cabana Sep 2014 but there was never any smell at the beach or at the resort. Maybe this problem at the Amsterdam started after September.

Aruba since 1979
    we are off topic here, but if we want to continue about the smell i recommend we begin a new thread.
    this problem is NOT at amsterdam manor but from the waste treatment plant about 1/3 mile away from resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    oK. I stood at la cabana Sep 2014 but there was never any smell at the beach or at the resort. Maybe this problem at the Amsterdam started after September.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We stayed there week 52 when the island was packed
    there wasn't a trace of smell at all, it rained several times, their system had to have been maxed out with visitors ..... There was no smell honestly.. And folks thst know me know I tell it like it is

What a nice report. How heartwarming to know you take items to the orphanage. We are visiting for the first time this summer. It is sad to know they are in need many things.

Andy found us! And my son, his wife and two boys arrived for a week with us. The kids are 2 & 3 yrs. old and love it here! Lots of pool time, the beach and DePalm island so far. Kevin & Megan, my son & his wife have been out on a jet ski, banana boat, Snuba diving and off to Jolly Pirates trip tomorrow and grampa and I are relaxing with the little ones building sand castles and floating in the pool. And we are all thrilled to be here not in NH with the blizzard!

Aruba since 1979
    so happy that you are enjoying your family AND aruba and NOT ths snow.
    thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    Andy found us! And my son, his wife and two boys arrived for a week with us. The kids are 2 & 3 yrs. old and love it here! Lots of pool time, the beach and DePalm island so far. Kevin & Megan, my son & his wife have been out on a jet ski, banana boat, Snuba diving and off to Jolly Pirates trip tomorrow and grampa and I are relaxing with the little ones building sand castles and floating in the pool. And we are all thrilled to be here not in NH with the blizzard!

Sounds absolutely lovely Gramdee
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast