Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Paul and Andrea J. May 6 to 19

Sign of a great vacation is losing track of the days
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    addendum.....

i forgot to add that:
    there was a huge airbus parked at the QB Airport on Tuesday.
    from QATAR

i have pix on my iPad, and will post tomorrow.

here is the link of the visit from a sheik from QATAR
    i dont know what it says
    www.noticiacla.com

Aruba since 1979
    Paul and Andrea J. May 6 to 19-img_1432255767_528.jpg here it is departing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamim_bin_Hamad_Al_Thani
    above link : brief bio of the visitor
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-22-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Plenty of sand, warm water and heat in Qatar. Maybe he was looking for Scott's Brats?

Hey Andrea I forgot about Mr Ratt. I did take a walk one morning towards the Divi wondering if i would run into someone giving Riki at the beach.

The bathroom at the airport is always crowded at Gate 6. My departure gate was 3 and dozens of people kept walking all the way towards gate 3 looking for a bathroom and I told them no it's at gate 6.

By the way that little bar at Gate 6 makes an awesome Ham or Turkey Pannini for like $3 or $4 bucks. I usually pick some up for my flight home and have a few drinks there prior to take off but since I was flying Business with Delta, I was in my best behavior. Also I had not recovered from all the rum I drank on the Beach on Thursday. LOL. Anyway, at that bar they give you a very nice souvenier luggage tag for free that has the name of the bar and says aruba. You can write your information and attach to your luggage. The guys who work the bar there are very comical and friendly and the prices very resonable so if anybody ever has time to kill, that is the place to be. i like to give a plug to really good business and people who run them. They have the Cuban rum there too Havana Club regular and an aged one that is like 7 or 12 years. Last year when I ordered the aged rum one of the bartenders joined me for a shot. The bar is called "One Happy Bar" Gate 6.

Every time I'm departing from Aruba I say they did not plan for the number of people needing to use the restroom while waiting for their flight. To have one closed for renovations makes it tough. The line for the women's room was very long back in April.

Hi Andrea,
    Thanks for sharing your visit with everyone here at the forum. Glad to hear that checking in for your flight was smooth, with the exception of the bathroom issue. Looks like flying out of Aruba during the week instead of on the weekend works out better with regards to checking in, and navigating through customs and immigration etc.

Thank you Andrea for all the great tips! I took lots of notes Glad to hear that LaCabana owners can use pool. Being right next door at PVB will make it easy for the boys. I'm also curious to see the renovated rooms we paid for but haven't been able to enjoy. We'll be making more regular trips once we have the boys raised

Glad you had an enjoyable and safe trip! I had my tonsils out as an "adult" (I was 19), and let me tell you, it took months before my throat was back to normal. Kids have it much easier! Maybe a glass of wine every night to soothe them ?

Aruba since 1979
    the renovated rooms are lovely...however the top shelves in the kitchen cabinets are up real high.
    make certain that if you want to use the pool at LCBRC you stop at the front desk and bring whatever ownership papers that you have to prove ownership. they will give you day guest bracelets only if the census is low enough in the resort to allow the day guests in.
    my guess is there are no day passes given during high winter/carnival and christmas weeks, easter week, and maybe some times during the summer, especially when s. america is also on school break.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev&Mo View Post
    Thank you Andrea for all the great tips! I took lots of notes Glad to hear that LaCabana owners can use pool. Being right next door at PVB will make it easy for the boys. I'm also curious to see the renovated rooms we paid for but haven't been able to enjoy. We'll be making more regular trips once we have the boys raised

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112