Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Paul and Andrea J. Nov 7 - 21.......trip 30 something 5 or 6?

Aruba since 1979
    Wed Nov 12

Today was pretty busy
    We spent the morning til about 2 pm at the Ren pool and lagoon.
    I am surprised that the lagoon is still clear and not too mucky.

Had a quick lunch at cafe at plaza and off to catalina cove for a few hours of snorkeling.
    The snorkeling was exceptional and we must have caught a break between snorkel boat tours !
    Saw lots and of course my caribbean fish chart was left @ home. Geesh.
    My last words as the garage door was closing on friday was "the fish chart is on the dining room buffet."

After returning from snorkeling we sat and discussed where dinner would be and quickly decided that dinner would be in with lobster tails.
    I sauteed them and along with iced tea,that's all we had. Almost too tired to eat.

About 9 pm we wandered up to the Alhambra where Paul played and i crocheted out on one of the benches.
    He came out a couple of times to convince me i need to play just $20. I threw $20 into a buffalo machine, hit for $224 and promptly
    cashed out, went outside back to my crocheting.

Paul joined me a few minutes later and we came back to the renaissance............with a quick detour to the craps table @ the crystal where he parlayed MY winnings into $0. It was like magic............

There is a water issue here at renaissance ocean suites and we received notice that there would be no water from midnight til 8 am.

Good night all.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-13-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Sounds like a fantastic day up until the part where Paul turned into David Copperfield. Even then as long as you are having fun that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Wed Nov 12

Today was pretty busy

Had a quick lunch at cafe at plaza and off to catalina cove for a few hours of snorkeling.
    The snorkeling was exceptional and we must have caught a break between snorkel boat tours !
    My last words as the garage door was closing on friday was "the fish chart is on the dining room buffet."

After returning from snorkeling we sat and discussed where dinner would be and quickly decided that dinner would be in with lobster tails.
    I sauteed them and along with iced tea,that's all we had. Almost too tired to eat.

About 9 pm we wandered up to the Alhambra where Paul played and i crocheted out on one of the benches.
    He came out a couple of times to convince me i need to play just $20. I threw $20 into a buffalo machine, hit for $224 and promptly

Paul joined me a few minutes later and we came back to the renaissance............with a quick detour to the craps table 2 the crystal where he parlayed MY winnings into $0. It was like magic............

There is a water issue here at renaissance ocean suites and we received notice that there would be no water from midnight til 8 am.

Good night all.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Wed Nov 12

Today was pretty busy

Paul joined me a few minutes later and we came back to the renaissance............with a quick detour to the craps table @ the crystal where he parlayed MY winnings into $0. It was like magic............

Good night all.
    What an exciting day! Minus the "magic".

Regarding the fish chart: I just found this great chart of Aruba's fish and an Aruba map. If you click on the image, you can download it and then zoom in to enlarge the image and description of the fish. Hope, that helps some.

http://frankosmaps.com/aruba-fish-card

Sounds like a great day until it went to craps..lol..too corny, I know. Glad your old friend the Buffalo Machine came back around though.
    Thanks for that fish card, CK1.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Mango Halto, East Coast jeep riding, Palm Beach
    Andrea how was my house across from Catalina Cove😜

Aruba since 1979
    I had no idea we were neighbors!!

I forgot to mention that there was a huge car crash in front of Alhambra the other night. Unsure if there were fatalities but I cannot imagine any survivors. Please all.... That IMO is the worst intersection in Aruba. Stop at the stop signs. QUOTE=Trip-planner;264718]Andrea how was my house across from Catalina Cove[/QUOTE]

Crappy Craps ;(
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We talk about that intersection every time we go by. People never stop! Sounds like you're having a great time. Keep it up!

Aruba since 1979
    http://frankosmaps.com/aruba-fish-card thanks for the fish id CK

Heading out for an early dinner to Barneys....gotta be back by 7:30 for our FACETIME with grandson and son/dil.
    Everything on Aruba schedule gets put aside for FACETIME with the kids.

This morning there were heavy showers before dawn and it cleared nicely. Trade winds were pretty absent til about 1 pm and they came back in a rush.

I found out from my friend that the car(s) wreck in front of the Alhambra had no fatalities..but just a few injuries. Thank God.
    Amazing.
    That area is indeed one of the worst for people to speed right thru. Paul and I avoid it the best we can.

A number of months ago......or even a year ago, a forum member asked if there were chickens roaming thru the resorts like they do on some Caribbean islands.
    Many of us, including me posted "of course not."
    Today, with God as my witness, a large brown chicken/rooster came parading thru the pool area here and nestled under an ixora (sp?) bush and promptly took a nap. The pool attendants chased him/her out with a broom and said he has been a visitor for over a year. A little while later, he/she came back to its napping spot and made himself quite comfortable. Of course my camera was not readily available.............. (Nope, i have not had a drop of alcohol today )
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-13-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Will you get the parmesean crusted grouper? I think Barneys is a place that Tom would like. Everyone seems to have good things to say about it.

Isn't FaceTime a wonderful thing!! Maybe next trip they'll come with you.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast